Is it time for GW2 to give us PNG screenshots?

Lelling.6795

Have you ever noticed that your screenshots aren't as sharp or as cool looking as you thought they would be when you took them? Your settings are on max and your game is so pretty, but when you want to share screenshots with your friends it's just not as cool as it actually was in the moment? Taking a group screenshot with all your guildies after taking a guild hall or killing that raid boss, but on the actual picture everyone's face is a smudgy mess and suddenly you're in The Ring: GW2 edition? That's JPEG :D

Good ole JPEG does keep images small, but these days, size is no longer the issue it used to be, and most games save screenshots in PNG, or at least give us the option to choose the format.

There are ways around this now - a lot of people use various gaming overlays or other tools such as Overwolf or Reshade which natively make PNG screenshots, and you can modify your GW2 shortcut by adding "-bmp" after the target, which means you'll get .bmp screenshots, losing no quality, however those are 10 times the size of JPGs.

It would be great to just have something like this in the options :D

spWqkqj.png

@Malediktus.9250 said:Install a free program like kitten. Edit the screenshots and/or convert them to png in no time.

I did say in the post that things like that can be done - the post wasn't "How do I get png screenshots?", it was specifically saying that we shouldn't have to use third party software to get past this :D

Personally, I use the -bmp modifier to save sreenshots in bmp, but I lead 3 guilds and a community and I know a lot of people who would love to have the option in-game :D

@AegisRunestone.8672 said:As for Steam @Irreverent.3594 I've heard it can cause some loading problems with GW2... somewhere.Been 100% playing GW2 on Steam for years. Even moved to different drives and just changed shortcut in library. Works perfectly fine with overlay and all bells and whistles.But yea PNG option in game would be good. More options always good.

Archived