Revenant: switched gender, now strange weapon sound?

After switching the gender of my Revenant to female, I am getting a weird weapon sound when swinging any type of weapon - a sound that I am almost certain I did not hear before on the male Revenant. It goes like this:

• a quick swoosh[deep]-swoosh[high], with a somewhat artifical sound in it that doesn't sound like a weapon at all

Is this a gender specific sound (if so, why??) or a bug? Or has it always been there on that profession and I just never noticed?

That's a tough call just from a text description. Have you perhaps a means to record it? Is it reproduceable on every swing, every X swings? What race, by the way?

If you've got an available character slot, perhaps make a male rev, head to the Mists lobby (assuming you may not have all the weapon types you need/want to test in the initial story instance), swing the appropriate weapon a few times. Take your female rev there, same weapon, repeat. May help to narrow down the difference.

Thanks so much for that!I also logged in on my rev and swung some weapons around, hearing that same sound.

[edit: linked video as one example, all weapons all races]

While I feel an argument could be made that it's louder than before (could be a side effect of me listening for it on purpose now), I do not believe it's new.

@synk.6907 said:Thanks so much for that!

Thanks for taking the time to listen to it and compare. :)

I also logged in on my rev and swung some weapons around, hearing that same sound. [...]While I feel an argument could be made that it's louder than before (could be a side effect of me listening for it on purpose now), I do not believe it's new.

Ahhh, okay. I'm relieved. Although one has to wonder why I never noticed it before - I did 100% map completion and more with my Revenant, so one would assume I should have noticed this before. Hmm...

Again, thank you for putting my mind at ease. ;)

Archived