Trailblazer Mirage (Confusion shatterer)

Veprovina.4876

Hello fellow Mesmers!

Can someone super rich try this build for me?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRAna7anELD1LjNoBWoBMMjlhjyMA2sGCd0KtTzf67+vH-jBSoABfp/JmnUAAqC8maP1s/gMnUBJVC+nyv1BIAnr5aumr5O35O3H4AH4AH4AGgDM35eg5O3DcgDcApAgZnG-e

As it stands, Maguuma lily is so expensive that i'd have to shell out 160g just to convert my viper's to trailblazer's, not to mention weapons and trinkets, AND runes of perplexity... And i've put malice infusions in there but those are not that required, that's just to see how much condi damage can i push.I can't get trinkets that easily yet cause i don't have LS3, and i don't have enough gold to even start this build, but i'm playing it on my viper's and even without the condition duration and confusion duration it's really good in fractals and stuff. I don't raid so idk about that, probably not.

So it'll be a while before i can even attempt to try this. I'd have to buy LS3 first. Not to mention the absurd price on Maguuma lily. In the meantime i'm putting it here for people to try and discuss. And if it turns out to be meta or you really like it or something send some gold my way so i can make my own. :wink:

I do have viper's though, so power and precision on that is wasted since confusion doesn't crit, and Chaotic Transferrance trait's bonus is also not fully utilized since Viper's doesn't have toughness. Trailblazer's is the ideal attribution combination because of expertise and toughness making confusion last longer, and toughness synergizing with Chaotic Transferrance.

With the initial combo i can do about 20-30 stacks of confusion, but they're gone quickly cause i have no condi duration other than base.

Combo:

Axe 2, Jaunt, Jaunt, Axe 3, dodge, axe ambush (make sure you wait a nanosecond after axe3 or do it before axe3 cause sometimes not all clones do the ambush for some reason), weapon swap, scepter ambush, scepter 3, F2 shatter.

Something along those lines... After that, you can attack with the scepter until you get your fist clone, then use crystal sands and mirage heal skill or any deception skill to make 2 more clones or whatever, then go back to axe.

I enjoy playing this build a lot, but it would obviously benefit from more condition duration and toughness. Even with "wrong kind" of attribute combinations i have now it's really good. So if you have the means or the equipment already, try it, but because this is trailblazer's it's insanely expensive.

I run a Trailblazer Mirage Confusion/Torment build. It is amazingly fun and it is strong for roaming in WvW.It has no issues at all in PVE and kills things rather quickly. You won't be doing any raids in Trailblazers, but it is good for everything else (I have a chrono set for Fractals).

Luckily, I got my TB set before it was insanely expensive, but it is totally worth it.

This is my build:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRAnf7anELDNohVoBGMDMMjlZDrMAcbSG+1v+XAEdJETOOA-jxh0wAu0/4T9nAnUhC7P4U5XYlgAeSBrDQAOXMXz1cn7cn7DcgDcgDcADwBm7cPwcn7BOwBOAA-e

I use Runes of Torment instead of Perplexity, and my duration on confusion and torment is 100% in game with this build. ~75% for everything else.

Neat! :smile:

Why dueling though? Where do you get your confusion stacks from?

Isn't dueling for phantasmal duelists that bleed on crit? If you're running trailblazer's you don't have much crit chance to proc bleed. And for that matter, the torch and fury isn't too needed unless you use that to give duelists a crit chance.

And yeah, Maim the Disillusioned is actually pretty good, i can't decide if i want to add torment to confusion or get might stacks with Shattered Strenght to ramp up condi damage upon shatters...

I run it to create clones with Deceptive Invasion and protection with Evasive Mirror. The confusion stacks come from pistol 5, jaunt, axe 3, and the shatters. With this build clone generation is crazy easy. Also, for the torch, fire does a lot of damage and has 75% extra duration. The stealth from torch 4 and the phantasm is nice as well. Just because you don't have crit chance or crit damage doesn't mean they don't do damage.

Most of my condition damage comes from torment, but condition does a huge amount as well. This way, if you move OR use skills, you are taking damage.

I switch up with chaos depending on weapon set and mood, but for general open world, I can get a massive amount of clones with this setup.

Note that the torment runes are CRAZY expensive right now if you don't have the watchwork sprockets.

I have a Commanders set for group content chrono, and this set for solo. I made the trailblazer set just for fun and I can also wear it on condi reaper/scourge. It is amazing in WvW as 22k health, 2200 toughness, and all the condi clear you could need is available. Not to mention all of the focus breaks, stun breaks, and evades mirage has in melee.

It is a really fun build and it was expensive, but worth it in the long run. I made this set a while back while playing condi reaper, and just moved it to mirage when I swapped.

@Veprovina.4876 said:Yeah, everything about this build is too expensive. I might as well make a chronotank for half the price and be meta instead of doing this. But i don't really do raids so i have no use for it. Also, Chrono wasn't as fun as this is so idk...

Just do the triumphant wvw line, save up your triumphant chests, get full set of trailblazer minus weaps. Saves tons of cash.

@Bezerker.2379 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:Yeah, everything about this build is too expensive. I might as well make a chronotank for half the price and be meta instead of doing this. But i don't really do raids so i have no use for it. Also, Chrono wasn't as fun as this is so idk...

Just do the triumphant wvw line, save up your triumphant chests, get full set of trailblazer minus weaps. Saves tons of cash.

It does if you WvW, but i don't really do it. I have no idea what to do in there or how WvW even works i'd have to learn that from the beginning, i'm a noob when it comes to that. I've been there a few times but other than zerging i have no idea what's required. Also it seems to me that in order to WvW properly i already need the trailblazer's, not the other way around... :tongue: Whenever i'm caught solo by 1 player i die in 2 hits. I have no idea what they're using in there, but i can't go solo anywhere.

Are there certain times WvW is done when people are playing and commanders are there or is it random?Also, how long would it take to get a fuil set of ascended armor from that?

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@Bezerker.2379 said:

It does if you WvW, but i don't really do it. I have no idea what to do in there or how WvW even works i'd have to learn that from the beginning, i'm a noob when it comes to that. I've been there a few times but other than zerging i have no idea what's required. Also it seems to me that in order to WvW properly i already need the trailblazer's, not the other way around... :tongue: Whenever i'm caught solo by 1 player i die in 2 hits. I have no idea what they're using in there, but i can't go solo anywhere.

Are there certain times WvW is done when people are playing and commanders are there or is it random?Also, how long would it take to get a fuil set of ascended armor from that?

Ah interesting. When you noted trailblazer, I naturally assumed this was for wvw as viper's is the preferred pve gearset. Hrm, not sure what other choices you have then unfortunately. :(

@Bezerker.2379 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@Bezerker.2379 said:

Ah interesting. When you noted trailblazer, I naturally assumed this was for wvw as viper's is the preferred pve gearset. Hrm, not sure what other choices you have then unfortunately. :(

I already have vjper's, but i don't use that meta build it's for because it's boring. It's the same as core mesmer only it uses phantasmal duelists and condi damage instead of power and phantasmal swordsmen. Put 3 of the up and afk mostly... :disappointed: The shatter build is much more fun in PvE, and yes, i know people use something simmilar in WvW, but it actually works great in PvE too.

But suppose i do WvW for the armor. How long will that take? And is there some guide that can explain WvW to me? Cause i'll have to do it eventually if i'm going to do legendary crafting so i better start now, and who knows, maybe when i'm not so confused there i'll have fun.

@strangercandy.5249 said:I run a Trailblazer Mirage Confusion/Torment build. It is amazingly fun and it is strong for roaming in WvW.It has no issues at all in PVE and kills things rather quickly. You won't be doing any raids in Trailblazers, but it is good for everything else (I have a chrono set for Fractals).

Luckily, I got my TB set before it was insanely expensive, but it is totally worth it.

This is my build:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRAnf7anELDNohVoBGMDMMjlZDrMAcbSG+1v+XAEdJETOOA-jxh0wAu0/4T9nAnUhC7P4U5XYlgAeSBrDQAOXMXz1cn7cn7DcgDcgDcADwBm7cPwcn7BOwBOAA-e

I use Runes of Torment instead of Perplexity, and my duration on confusion and torment is 100% in game with this build. ~75% for everything else.

You're lame as a snail for roaming. I use the same build quite a bit, but with Traveller Runes

Archived