Clocktower End Jump Bugged?

Dove.1487

Have completed the Mad King's Clocktower dozens of times over the years. Got one successful run in today, then 3 in a row where the jump through the broken clocktower face blocks me and causes me to fall to the beginning. It's usually a very forgiving jump and it seems to have changed in between two runs for me.

Oh good, i though it was just me. The second worst part is the timer counts you as having finished and starting the next round before you load back into the waiting room! Although I have seen it finished once this year, so the problem may be intermittent; though due to the pvp-ish nature (everyone else is red) we can't really compare notes in game.

Update: I've completed it no problems, so it might have been sorted in this morning's update.

I had the same problems last night. 8-times in a row. I noticed that first exploded platform (The one you have to wait for) right at the bottom would stutter too and those grasping hands would come out when they shouldn't. I would also occasionally fall through the second exploding platform right at the top (After you jump down) I got in to a different instance, no stutter on the platform, no grasping hands, no falling through the top platform...got in the clock first try.

@Loboling.5293 said:Doesn't seem any different to me. I've completed the jumping puzzle 4 times so far this year. At the top, you need to wait until the window breaks before you jump.

Except for when it doesn't work. I've done this puzzle every year and typically get to the top more than I fall, and never had problems at the clock face. Last night there was just no way until I got in to a different instance, where all the glitches I mentioned were gone.

Yes, same problem, 4 jumps into the windows right after it broke and nothing.

According to reddit:

"confirmed it to be a bug. If you see the lower parts to laggily 'pop in', the damn tower is out of sync and you won't make the jump through the window. Restarting the client fixes it. I also noticed a lagged pop-in of the tower pieces at the start of the jumping puzzle."

@Sandbenders.5027 said:Yes, same problem, 4 jumps into the windows right after it broke and nothing.

According to reddit:

"confirmed it to be a bug. If you see the lower parts to laggily 'pop in', the kitten tower is out of sync and you won't make the jump through the window. Restarting the client fixes it. I also noticed a lagged pop-in of the tower pieces at the start of the jumping puzzle."

I tried restarting client and changing computers even. Also tried putting graphics from Highest to Lowest. None of these worked. I also noticed how people in the same instance do not have the bug occurring in their visual graphics. I believe it might have something to do with my character wielding an aura/legendary.

Finally, I got into the tower after five attempts to reach inside after clock explodes. I followed another person who made it to the top with me. The issue does seem to do with the Clock Tower being out of sync for your graphics display, and I had to wait an extra 2.2sec to jump into the exploded clock face which seemed to be the same amount of time of how long the 'lagged pop-in of the tower pieces at the start of the [jp]'.

**(edit): I did a bunch of rounds changing one variable at a time to find out what exactly is causing the bug. My tests came out inconclusive because at the very end of changing characters and un-equipping or equipping particular legendary equipment the bug seemed to vanish coming back to the original set up.

**I think the best way to sum this up is that trying other characters, un-equipping armor and weapons, or trying different instances of the CT may be the best attempting solutions; these are what worked for me.

Archived