Spooky Mount Skin Preview broken?

I am not sure if it is just me but the preview window when I dye my mounts seems to not accurately reflect the actual appearance of the mount in game. I attached a picture to show you what I mean. Notice how on my hero panel, the raptor appears to be all white, hiding the design of the Halloween skin. However, in game, on the left, the texture is showing. I have tried changing the colors of the dyes to match even with different shades of white yet the color of the pattern seemingly increases in intensity and does not blend in with the rest of the color I want. Yes, I have tried changing the lighting and going into a darker area but the problem persists. While many people are in game telling me to just go all black, I particularly do not want to go all black simply because I enjoy the variety of dyes available. Is this a bug or intentional. I find it very annoying that the preview shows one thing yet the game automatically changes something that I do not like.

@MunkeeBreath.9165 said:I am not sure if it is just me but the preview window when I dye my mounts seems to not accurately reflect the actual appearance of the mount in game. I attached a picture to show you what I mean. Notice how on my hero panel, the raptor appears to be all white, hiding the design of the Halloween skin. However, in game, on the left, the texture is showing. I have tried changing the colors of the dyes to match even with different shades of white yet the color of the pattern seemingly increases in intensity and does not blend in with the rest of the color I want. Yes, I have tried changing the lighting and going into a darker area but the problem persists. While many people are in game telling me to just go all black, I particularly do not want to go all black simply because I enjoy the variety of dyes available. Is this a bug or intentional. I find it very annoying that the preview shows one thing yet the game automatically changes something that I do not like.

Maybe something to do with these new features?

A new Mounts tab has been added to the Hero panel. As with other panels, you can preview all of your mounts here as well as select mounts to ride.The Mounts panel contains a unique checkbox: Use Default Dyes. When checked, all mounts will be previewed with their original dyes rather than custom ones.

Good luck.

I've had trouble with this in general, on armour, outfits and even the character itself when using the total makeover kit (my character being a different skin colour in game than the colour I chose during customization). However, this is the most egregious example of them all and it's terrible that there's such a stark difference between the preview window and the game itself. I hope Anet take a look at this.

Archived