Scourge. The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Ryouzanpaku.1273

One has to wonder how uninformed ANet's balancing team is on their own game. Or, alternatively, contrary to their mandatory following the PR line, they do actually hate necromancer, as demonstrated by action and not their word which is, in relation to necromancer, worthless by now. It has to be one of these two things or else necro wouldn't consistently be put in this spot every single time there's any kind of class shuffle. This is by far the most genuinely disgusted I have ever been with ANet in my time of interacting with anything they have created. I have absolutely no faith that their 'upcoming' 'balance' (re)'patch' will return Scourge to being in the spot it deserves after all the stupid ANet decisions the class has been victim to over the years.

For the record I'm talking in relation to PvE.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scourge: A whip used as an instrument of punishment/cause great suffering to.

PUNISHMENT is the key word.

If scourge is meant as a punishment profession. it has got a long way to go..There is no punishment for people attacking scourge in any situation.iow Scourge is a true HP sponge (More then DS, yet ineffective as such) without benefit for running it.

2 Questions:What punishment DO people get from fighting with a scourge?What punishment SHOULD people get for fighting a scourge?

I mention one that should have been implemented from the start: Reflect when barrier is up.

@mygamingid.5816 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:Ok, let's go:
  • Fields: fire field are great source of might but also burn, water field are great source of heal and regeneration and thanks god those fields are always welcome.
  • Combo finisher: blast.
  • Power weaver take a trait that make them grant fury when blasting a fire field.
  • The arcane variant build grant boons to your allies upon switching attunment
  • Fields: Fire fields are in the rotation, but water sure isn't. It'd be a big DPS loss.
  • Combo Finishers: Earth 2 is in the rotation, Water 2 definitely isn't. That's one blast finisher.
  • Fury: You aren't getting Fury from other sources? Yes, you can self-apply Fury, but the fire field duration is the more important element.
  • Arcane Variant: (in my best Necro voice) "Those boons are already provided by the other specs and some do it better, I'm useless!" Might will be at 25 stacks and Swiftness will be up, regardless. Protection is of dubious merit, since all that matters is DPS, right? I like it (a lot), but I don't care for DPS check gameplay. Playing Arcane variant also means no Vulnerability, so you may not cap that.

That mean that weaver still give some support and do up to 15k more dps than a scourge doing it's best ATM.

From qT:"3. Current Viability

With Path of Fire Weaver made it’s appearance and it was apparent right from the start that it would be one of the highest DPS classes. On the golem that’s true but in reality Weaver is very weak with the exception of a few bosses. This is due to some reasons
  • If you play the Arcane Variant you apply no Vulnerability since you also lose access to Overload Air, meaning your group might not even cap Vulnerability.
  • You don’t have access to any CC apart from your Deep Freeze. Gust is a major DPS loss because you have to double attune into Air.
  • In Wing 1 and Wing 3 Weakness can’t be applied to any boss so you have to run with Signet of Fire and an Accuracy Sigil resulting in a substantial DPS loss
  • You lose the Protection and Stability from Overloading resulting in an even squishier class and a more interruptable rotation.

The result of this is that Weaver is not that great in an actual raid and is quite lackluster compared to Tempest with the exception of a few bosses."

Weaver will only hit that number against large-hitbox golems, not in actual raids. The performance has been wildly overstated. It is ridiculously fragile and the Weaver mechanic costs it a lot of DPS if it has to derail from the rotation - and it will have to derail from the rotation in play.

Your ability to dodge my arguments and their purpose is exceptionnal.

I'm answering to someone that say that the weaver have no support, it does and I prove it, however you put it and whatever qtfy say about it. Plus, the argument was put in such a way that he could understand that all the support done by the scourge traited as dps was of an equal value to the support naturally given by the weaver.

In short what I was saying is that however you put it, a dps scourge do no more support than a dps weaver and yet it's potential damage cap at 30k while weaver's potential damage cap at 45-47k. However you put it, it's imbalanced. Scourge sure reached way to much damage, there is no denying it, however it was as conditional as weaver's potential damage, to reach those damage, the scourge had to have a static target and stack all it's shades, if he wanted to support he would have had to divide it's shades and he would have lost as much dps as a weaver that try to support out of it's dps rotation.

Archived