non-gold currencies for mid-tier crafting mats?

You can buy the appropriate weight and level of certain armor pieces with karma and throw them in the forge for salvagable versions. It's a tedious amount of clicking, but it works. For example, buy Crab-Grabbin' Gloves in light or medium from Bram Dawnrazer in Bloodtide Coast (by Sorrowful Waypoint in the NW) in multiples of four. Throw them in the forge, and you'll get gloves that you can salvage mostly for linen with the occasional cotton or rugged leather with the occasional coarse.

Most map-specific currencies have a vendor that will let you buy gear bags, and opening those on a character of the appropriate level can get you a higher proportion of gear that salvages into mid-tier mats (so, open bags on a character around L52 to end up with the most linen and rugged leather). You can do this with champ bags and the like, as well, if you are more interested in the mid-tier mats than necessarily in burning your spare currencies.

Save your laurels to buy Heavy Crafting Bags for the T6 fine materials if you plan to make any legendaries.

PoF has crates you can buy for a combination of karma and trade contracts.

• Hamaseen for tier 1 & 2 materials
  • Cowrie League for tier 3 & 4 materials
  • House of Daoud for tier 5 & 6 materials

All heart merchants sell crates of a single one of those categories. You can pick metal, cloth, leather, wood and trophy crates. I'm not sure if they're offering good deals, I haven't bought any myself yet because I'm not in an urgent need of materials at the moment.

Archived