Axe 2

Mikkel.8427

I've been forcing myself to use Axe for the past week. I originally believed that axe 2 should get an evasion frame, but I've changed my mind thanks to the mummies in the labyrinth. After getting immobilized a few hundred times, I realized I started to like it... Why? I could whirl in place with axe 2! That's when it dawned on me what my real problem with the Axe is-

You forfeit control over your character for long durations of time while use Axe.

Both Axe 2 and 3 both take control of your character, locking you into long animations. It feels like the axe is playing for you.

I want some control back; I want to be able to whirl in place, to the side, backwards, forwards, or even change direction mid whirl.

Combat in GW2 is action based, and positioning matters. That's why many close-range + long-animation skills have built in evasion frames. Having axe 2 and 3 both have evasion frames would be excessive, though. So, instead, I want control.

In the infamous words of Britany-

Gimme gimme more, gimme more, gimme gimme more (control over my character)

Well, Weaver can control its character during the whirling animation of Twist of Fate (I believe they can even choose not to move at all while using it), so I think giving the same treatment to Lingering Thoughts could be neat. You don't always want to move while using this skill. I haven't played with axe for too long, yet I can't count how many times I fell off of some cliff because of this skill's uncontrollable movement.

Also, thumbs up cuz Britney! :wink:

Yeah... it's sort of annoying to face an enemy on a small platform basically have one of axe's weapon skills become unusable unless you want to risk hurling yourself off a cliff. It'd be nice if, during the duration of the attack, you could hit the button again to either cancel the attack or have it stop you in place.

@OriOri.8724 said:I think the bigger issue with Axe 2, and 3 for me, is the latency one. Its not unusual to have to wait for the skill to actually cast when you use it, and that makes this situation worse.

Yeah, I end up double casting axe 2 all the time because of that. The delay is so long it makes me think I hit the wrong key/didn't compress it properly.

Archived