400g for fashion wars. Halp

Tea.2740

I know it's not too much for fashion wars but what kind of interesting items is there at this price point and lower? I want auras/effects/trails/glows but I'm pretty sure most of that is legendaries/expensive. Please recommend anything and possibly a link to their effects and price :) (no specific criteria)

There are countless of items which create visual effects and are yet far away from being expensive.

Trail effects:

• Peacemaker Weapons: They create purple light-balls which remain at your location for short. Those can be purchased for small ammounts of karma at Rata Sum, from the cultural weapon vendors.
  • Chalice of the Gods: This is a focus, easily obtained from the heart-vendor Lakor Grizzlemouth in Butcher's Block (Meatoberfest) in Diessa Plateau. It just costs 336 Karma. It does create an impressive fog-trail behind you, which remains for a short time.
  • Shiverpeak Talisman: Another focus skin which can be bought for very less money on TP. Most players have it already. It creates a trail of glowing yellow light behind you. Similar to the Chalice.
  • Steam Gizmo: A focus with a blue and intense light trail. Cheap versions can be found on TP for a few silvers.

Glow effects:

• Dark Asuran weapons: Those have a red glow and a futuristic appearance. They can be aquired in Lion's Arch at the Dungeon Armor and Weapons at Fort Marriner. Those require tokens from the Sorrow's Embrace Dungeon.
  • Glyphic weapons: Similar to the Dark Asuran Weapons but with blue/white glow. Suit well to futuristic characer designs and are easily purchasable on TP.
  • Modniir weapons: Especially the Staff/Trident, Scepter and Focus are pretty shiny and create a special light aura. Easily aquired from Karma vendors in the Harathi Hinterlands.
  • Auric weapons: Those are mostly craft only, can be obtained for completing a certain chapter in the Heart of Thorns story as well. Compared to the fancy skins, still cheap(er) to obtain. They look enchanted with a green glow and suit imho pretty well with a few glow-outfits if dyed correctly.
  • Mystic weapons: Those are craft only and quite expensive ones. They eat Mystic Coins and an Eldrich Scroll. The weapons have a blue appearance and some of them create random sparks/lightnings.
  • Inquest weapons: Same as Mystic weapons, but in red and purchasable also from the Dungeon Armor and Weapons at Fort Marriner in Lion's Arch for Crucible of Eternity Dungeon tokens.
  • Whisper's Secret Staf: An easy staff with a yellow light on top. If you are already a member of the Order of Whispers, you can purchase it at HQ for 5g. Or you decide to join the Order of Whispers during the personal story, which results with a selectable Order of Whisper's weapon at the end of the level 30 quest - that would be free.

Aura effects:

• Leystone armor: Those can be obtained in the Dragon's Stand map. Do the meta-event and you get them one by one. Especially gloves & shoulders create a visible aura-effect while suiting to many different armor styles, with the correct coloring.

I am pretty sure I forgot a lot of stuff. That is all I remember atm. Real auras are sort of difficult/expensive to aquire. If it would be easy, it would not be special anymore.

• 1 month later...

MountsWhile none of the legendary weapons seem to affect mounts in terms of footprints, the above listed trail effects also work when mounted.

The Chalice of Gods causes a very long trail, while the Steam Gizmo causes a shorter but more intense blue trail. Peacemaker Weapons and the Shiverpeaks Talisman's effects can also be seen while riding a mount. But they are barely noticable as a trail, more like an aura-effect (when moving).

PS: Sorry for necroposting.

Archived