Story victory or death

I'm at the part before the killing the elder dragon. I am stuck on the mouth of zhaitan where I have to defeat this monster. The problem is that I dont know how to do the story and how to defeat the monster. I try but he knocks down and kills my thief in one shot.

I'm stuck and I'm worried if I leave i might have to start it over. I also have no ingame friends who can help me defeat this boss. I'm also thinking that most players completed this story and wont help me do it. I put it in looking for group but I dont think people want to join.

That boss is not that hard, but it is rather technical.1: do not fight him! (yet)2: avoid his damage by kiting around and dodging2: pick up the fire boulders he drops and keep one in your hands3: at one point he will do his vortex skill and his mouth turns into a vortex. Now throw the boulder while you have targetted him.4: when succefull he will be stunned and you can bring his health down with any regular dps5: when he turns invulnerable again, start over and repeat till he is down.

When you really want people to help you out, it is wise to state if you are in NA or EU. I'm sure someone wants to help you. But keep in mind this boss isn't really hard if you read his ingame description and you will get simular encounters further on in the game. So see it as practice and it will make you perfect.