Question about ''Path of Fire Main Theme''

Marxus.5139

Ok, we got some amazing preview week-end events, but in the character select there was a music... different. I was hoping for a ''Guild Wars 2 Main Theme'' rearranged version (like for the Heart of Thorns one), and I'm quite sure I heard it in the 10 mins countdown to the announcement of PoF (the countdown started at like 8:45 and it was the first song played). That theme it's like a representation of the game itself, and having it ''evolve'' in the character selection of each expansion it's one of the little details that I love of this game. I'd like to know if someone knows something about it (maybe also an official confirmation :P ).

Heart of Thorns demo theme was different than the main theme. I mean HoT main theme used much more epicness, more instruments, music texture was outstanding, while the HoT demo one had the rhythm of the main theme, but it sounded a bit odd...

PoF demo theme is really good, but it sounds like the music of quaggans making a trip to the LA fountain. :)

I hope some elements will be changed, because there is still a place to add more epicness and to make the theme like: "we are heading to the dangerous lands, our world can be destroyed soon!".

While I have some complains to the theme I think the combat music is outstanding! Love it. :)

I like the desert music played on the demo weekends, but it sounded very atmospheric and background-ish. It doesn't have the fire and personality of the true main theme. When the game comes on, I really want to hear music that is inspiring and gets me fired up to play, not just something that's pretty. When I hear the main theme, it says GUILD WARS 2 to me. I am not one of those people who hate any change, but if you are going to change the main theme music, change it to something exciting that is going to be recognizable and iconic and grab our attention, please.

Archived