I'd like some help with a specific build :]

Wintershade.8510

Hello everyone,

First, apologies for potential typo or mistakes - english is not my first language.

I used to play Guild Wars 2 a few years ago and Revenant was my main (even when this class was awful, because I really love the playstyle). I came back to the game one week ago and decided to start a new one. I've already checked a lot of builds online, mostly on MetaBattle and SnowCrow, but I didn't find what I am looking for. Basically, I'd love to do mostly WvW, roaming and zerging, but also be viable in a PvE environment. The thing is: I have more a RP mindset and I do not want the most OP build right now, just something that I love to play and fit my fantasy.

That being said, if someone is available, have an affinity with WvW and its statistics, love to theorycraft and would like to build with me my perfect Revenant, do not hesitate to contact me in PM :]Thank you~

You want to run herald in WVW and in PVE renegade is better generally.In WvW you need to dodge often so the critical chance modifier while you have full endurance is going to be far lower if you run renegade.

Run something similar to https://gw2mists.com/builds/revenant/power-herald in WVW. Dwarf makes it far tankier than Berserker gear normally is. If you need even more sustain use durability runes.

Hello,

Thanks for your answers ! And again, sorry for potential typos.I wanted to discuss in PM because it is easier to elaborate on what I am looking for, which stats I should aim for, or even to discuss potential boons or alternatives. :)

Basically, I'd like to create a Knight, so with Shield and Sword as main weapons.Herald and Dwarf are main Legends as well.I would like to be an unkillable toon, with ton of self-buffs and passive heals, even if it means that I'd not be able to kill people in WvW on my own. If I could handle outnumbered fights or even lets them give up on killing me, it would be awesome. However, as I still want this build to be viable in PvE, I think I still need a minimum of Power.

I don't know which statistics I should aim for, and this is why I wanted to discuss with someone in further details for educational purposes - and especially explain why specific choices in the build. (For example, is it worth it to have more than 2600 Thoughness ? How many HP should I have for this build ? Concentration seems a good statistic for this fantasy, but how many ? And so on.)However, if someone wants to already share basic knowledge in this thread, I am interested. :)

Thank you for your time ~

@"Wintershade.8510" said:Hello,

Thanks for your answers ! And again, sorry for potential typos.I wanted to discuss in PM because it is easier to elaborate on what I am looking for, which stats I should aim for, or even to discuss potential boons or alternatives. :)

Basically, I'd like to create a Knight, so with Shield and Sword as main weapons.Herald and Dwarf are main Legends as well.I would like to be an unkillable toon, with ton of self-buffs and passive heals, even if it means that I'd not be able to kill people in WvW on my own. If I could handle outnumbered fights or even lets them give up on killing me, it would be awesome. However, as I still want this build to be viable in PvE, I think I still need a minimum of Power.

I don't know which statistics I should aim for, and this is why I wanted to discuss with someone in further details for educational purposes - and especially explain why specific choices in the build. (For example, is it worth it to have more than 2600 Thoughness ? How many HP should I have for this build ? Concentration seems a good statistic for this fantasy, but how many ? And so on.)However, if someone wants to already share basic knowledge in this thread, I am interested. :)

Thank you for your time ~

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAw6ZllQKMKyiNRXsKCjFSisBqgH1UV7H-z1IY9oj/E0YfA-wTry this.

This is a very Paladin-esque build focusing on being extremely hard to kill, while being able to heal others as well as support them.Explanation :

Invocation :Provides various utility benefits and traits which support Legend Swapping.The traits chosen are purely beneficial in nature the moment yu press the Legend Swap button.

Salvation :Picking this for strong healing benefits as well as Barrier generation.Herald is able to provide yurself with Boon uptime, so yu will get to enjoy a constant Barrier application.

Herald :Traits chosen benefit Upkeeping skills, which allow yu to pulse yur boons and reaping multiple benefits just by leaving them on.

HP is 17k but no worries as yu have alot of Healing Power to heal up with using Centaur stance.Yu do not need too much Toughness or Vitality, because what makes a good sustain class is being able to top off yur health, not by having alot of health for people to smack down.

This build boasts alot of Healing, Condition cleansing and will allow yu to tank multiple opponents if played correctly, and also boasts enough personal damage to clear camps.Do note however, yu will not be able to kill any half decent player at all.