Main for pve?

AintGold.5128

Like in title.I got my engi to 80 lvl few days ago but as at the beginning I liked this class, especially when I got my hands on Holosmith now it's meh for me. I want to focus first on doing stories from PoF and HoT, do World Map to 100%, events and maybe later group pve.Why Engi/Holo are meh for me is because he lacking tankiness in my feeling, turrets and kits (besides grenades and bombs) feel useless, flamethrower is funny but I was killing one mob twice as long with grenades, only four things I liked about this class are Holoforge, healing turret and traits (mostly explosives and alchemy and that turrets can tank for me. But the repeated repetition of the grenade / bomb combo and switching to photon forge and again - bored me.So Im looking for a main something tanky or/with good dmg (higher than average if possible) and if I wasn't kicked out of the teams for raids, it would also be welcome (but this is not required, because I will probably make other characters by then).I was thinking about necro/reaper but I read almost everywhere I look that he is at borderline.Guardian seems interesting for me and warrior with both elites too but less than others. Or should I stay with engi and change my play style?

It's hard to exactly put one class as every class can effectively be tanky. It just depends on the build / gear Ur wearing.

I made elementalist which I've found success for, it has healing on demand. But it can feel squishy. But putting it in a set of mauraders took away most of the problem.

Rangers have a pet which as far as Im aware can be tanky. And necromancer had a mechanic which works as a second Life bar

Necromancer can be hard to get groups with. It's pretty much a pure DPS and one of the most popular classes in the game.

Revenant can be a good choice. Quite flashy. Quite tanky can do alot of dmg is demanded in raids with it alacrity builds.

Engineer may get a more appealing elite in EoD for you. But yeah if you don't like holosmith it could be hard. As it's pretty much the build to use entirely. Core engi is pretty bad.

So yeah under those circumstances it maybe worthwhile finding a class you enjoy entirely instead of sticking at something which may at some point have what u want in a good place.

Core specs seem to get left behind in alot of cases espically in PvE so it's surrounding how enjoyable the elites are effectively.

If you go to the mists (PvP lobby) you can build Ur char with everything unlocked. If you then go to a dummy you can try it's mechanics and elite speccs. This will allow you to quickly cycle through the different classes and try their rotations and options out.

As even a level 1 char can do this inside the PvP lobby. I'd recommend using that to test classes out.

@AintGold.5128 said:good dmg (higher than average if possible) and if I wasn't kicked out of the teams for raidsalacrity renegade pretty much fits this criteria, you provide one of the most wanted buffs in pve squad/party compositions and you do decent~really good damage

@AintGold.5128 said:Guardian seems interesting for meyou can never go wrong with a guardian too. it's core specs, dragonhunter elite spec and firebrand elite spec all have a part in the pve meta and it doesnt end there! it has meta builds in wvw and pvp too!