Fresh Air Weaver Roaming

Exzen.2976

• 2 weeks later...

Sc/D works absolutely fine in a big group. I use it all the time in big fights while roaming about. I will very often be top (or near) dps on it too - you just need to predict zerg movement well, just like on staff - although staff Weaver still does way more damage. 

Edited by Exzen.2976

How re"fresh"ing it is to see a new fresh air roaming video! (Badum-tss!) I'm running something similar except with focus instead of dagger (because I spent so much time to get the binding of ipos and even with the nerfs, I refuse to let it go, lol). 

Fun fights! Thanks for the upload! :D

• Thanks 1

Yeah, anet seriously need to remember that PvE balance does not work for PvP/WvW. Thankfully it’s only 5%, so I don’t expect it’ll be a huge problem - Fresh Air lacks sustain rather than damage. Imagine not touching grenade barrage though, total joke. 

31 minutes ago, Exzen.2976 said:

Yeah, anet seriously need to remember that PvE balance does not work for PvP/WvW. Thankfully it’s only 5%, so I don’t expect it’ll be a huge problem - Fresh Air lacks sustain rather than damage. Imagine not touching grenade barrage though, total joke. 

Its the condi dmg protection effect that going to be a harder hit for any thing weaver. Even the all in power dmg builds still landed some ok burns / bleeds and not that getting a -33% dmg effect (more like 43% because light aura is going to be unbelievably stronger after the update) your going to feel it. 5% is not that big but its something and the way freash air works the more hits the better makes 5% dmg drop much more notable. That and your going to see more cele builds and even the most glass caion builds for weaver can not deal with cele vs mid to high armor class and mid to high hp classes.

Honestly not concerned about the resolution change for FA. It will potentially be annoying for hybrid or condi ele - we’ll have to see how potent it is for WvW. I can definitely deal with cele in mid to high hp, it just takes a little longer.

• 5 months later...

As someone who plays necro a lot...time to Raise this thread from the dead mwahaha.

How do you defeat condi scourges, renegades, and burn guards? How well do you do against heralds?

Do you have any videos vs any of those (at least ones that played decently and weren't mindless zombies). I'm trying to learn now that I'm getting better at fire (sword) cele weaver.

3 hours ago, SlitheSlivier.1908 said:

As someone who plays necro a lot...time to Raise this thread from the dead mwahaha.

How do you defeat condi scourges, renegades, and burn guards? How well do you do against heralds?

Do you have any videos vs any of those (at least ones that played decently and weren't mindless zombies). I'm trying to learn now that I'm getting better at fire (sword) cele weaver.

Not sure why this needed resurrecting..

Condi scourge is annoying but very beatable. You just need to keep kiting, avoid their aoes and keep bursting. I don't tend to put these sort of fights in my videos because they're annoyingly long and feel too slow for a montage (same with fights vs core condi necro), but I do have clips of fighting and killing them, and that includes good players too. For renegade, it depends on the build. The power ones can be beaten as long as you time reflects etc well, but they do kinda the same amount of damage while being much tankier (stupid op spec). Cele renegade is very hard to kill on FA if they are decent. Heralds can be beaten - power you just have to be very good with your defensives, time your ccs well and try not to burst into glint heal. Condi heralds can be kited, so you just keep them at distance with you superspeed, immob, CC etc and burst while you can - again careful not to burst during glint heal. Burn guard is usually fine. Kite, CC and burst and repeat and don't waste condi cleanse etc.

The problem with your "that played decently" is that you automatically assume everyone in the videos are mindless lol, and if you're of that opinion, you're likely to say the same to any who lose a fight in a video vs FA. I don't remember exactly which classes are in which videos, but I expect most of the above are covered somewhere in my videos.

Fire cele sword is a completely different kind of build though, so FA vids won't give you much help!

Yea i decided to learn fire first cuz its easier. Then graduate to FA. That is only a couple months old and didn't want to create a new one and be told to "use search".

Thanks, I'll keep what you said in mind and try to time cc's better. 

By decent i mean doable against the average player (obviously not zombies but not necessarily top of platinum pvp players that decided to roam wvw.) 

I've been seeing a lot of condi roamers lately, esp scourge, and have been having trouble vs them on playing FA so just wanted some other thoughts, opinions, etc. Thanks!