Flamethrower Scrapper

Kuma.1503

1 hour ago, Axl.8924 said:

I got a question for you engi experts out there.

In order for flamethrower to do so much do you guys have to sacrifice a lot of sustain? is it very glassy?

There are several different variants of the flamethrower builds, each with varying toughness, the softest and highest damage output i believe is firearms/explosives/scrapper with everything on bottom row except juggernaught, this particular build is an all or nothing build as it will generally utilise the shredder gyro and elixir U in a berserker setup for basically unrivalled damage output at the cost of just about all of it's toughness tho it does get more health.  Be careful tho, this particular build also uses the aed and thus has both a 2 second stun and a 2 second daze meaning if you are too aggressive against it, you may find yourself unable to attack for up to 4 seconds and die to it's allies anyway.

So the simple answer is, yes it becomes increasingly more glassy the more damage you build into, the one i mentioned being the flamethrower assassin, you are more or less doomed if you are not expecting or prepared for it to come out of stealth on top of you (such as being busy with another enemy is a common time for it to strike)

Edited by Stalima.5490

2 hours ago, Axl.8924 said:

I got a question for you engi experts out there.

In order for flamethrower to do so much do you guys have to sacrifice a lot of sustain? is it very glassy?

Yes, you sacrifice most of your sustain running Juggernaut FT, or anything FT based in general because without the synergy of Firearms, FT doesn't do too much by itself. Reason taking Firearms cuts on your sustain is because you can't run a tanky trait line combo (Alchemy + Inventions) if you're running Scrapper, so you're either forced to drop Alchemy or you're forced to drop Inventions, and it's very common to drop the latter as Inventions currently is poo for defense by itself.

As well, within the Scrapper line itself, if you want to do big amounts of damage, you have to sacrifice all of the defensive trait options in order to get that damage (usually 3-3-3 is ran for max damage output at the cost of extra barrier survival).