PSA: How to match dyes of any color BOB ROSS STYLE

Based on popular demand of a Specific Backpiece I will be sharing how I find the dyes for anything...it's quite simple.

• First find the image of what you want to match dyes with,

Lets start with some Happy little trees and copy image. Right here folks, we're going to open up Microsoft paint and the image we just copied and CTRL+V on your keyboard.

• * From there were going to pick up our little friend, the Dropper tool. Next select the color of what you want to match in game. For this example we are going to go with the brightest part of the trees in the sunshine....mmm I love some good sunshine.
  • * From there you will see that color 1 at the top now has that color on your palette. Lets head to Edit Colors from there.
  • * You'll see a bunch of numbers and all of that hogwash but don't be afraid...just look to Red, Green, Blue and remember these values.
  • * Next, take a little patient brush strokes and visit this RGB TO HEX SITE or Kulinda's website and place those Red, Green, Blue numbers inside the appropriate area then click convert to hex. From there, copy the hexcode you got!
  • * We are going to take a small break folks. We will return after these messages. insert old 70's elevator music

* Hello, welcome back...we were last on hexcodes! Let's continue on with where to put these hexcodes. Head over to 
the dye matcher site for GW2, and paste the hex codes in cloth, leather and metal, select Dye matcher at the top then hit enter.

• * You will then see the top most similar dyes in percentiles. Sort by closeness for EACH armor type by clicking the arrow above (click cloth arrow & leather  to find best dye to match its armor type)

* You'll see that Mint Breeze is for cloth @ 94.3% accuracy, and pastel mint for leather and metal are around 93% to 95%! From there just use the dye mentioned and you too can get closest dyes to almost anything!

https://media.tenor.com/images/143e48c15e0a8da04c872acb77f31dfa/tenor.png

::NOTE:: 
Neutral Lighting plays a big part in copying dyes, be sure to use neutral lighting such as preview screen or wardrobe screen to get no ambience

::thanks to Kulinda for the additional site

Edited by Lithril Ashwalker.6230
  • Like 4

oh, good guide! what i always do, after dyeing my gear i visit specific maps with very different lighting to see how it turns out (along with post processing on/off and shaders) since not everyone plays with the same graphics settings so i try to find the most consistent dye job that looks similar across different setups.

4 hours ago, Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

Next, take a little patient brush strokes and visit this RGB TO HEX SITE or Kulinda's website and place those Red, Green, Blue numbers inside the appropriate area then click convert to hex. From there, copy the hexcode you got!

i never knew about Kulinda's and it seems helpful thank you for linking this!