Firebrand Mantra Accessibility Problem

Megs.2986

I play firebrand in every aspect of the game, PvE, WvW and PvP. I’ve been playing firebrand nearly every day since 2016, but the new patch has made that difficult. As someone with poor eye sight, the mantra visual changes greatly impacted my ability to determine how many mantras uses I have left. This is an accessibility problem I’ve found has impacted a good portion of the community  I play with and something I hope can be changed soon. My hope is that the firebrand mantras can go back to having their own art for each use. I understand that while the white number indicators seem large enough when looking, in the heat of combat it’s very hard to see past cooldown timers whilst also doing mechanics. Thank you. 

• Like 20

Seems like a big problem with a simple solution!

Either bring back the unique icons, or increase the size of the charge indicator number, or add a toggle in the options to increase the size of the number to cover at least 1/3 of the skill icon. 

For those who don't understand what the issue is: the mantra has one icon when it has 2 or more charges, and a different icon when it's up to the last charge.  If you are visually impaired, the different icons were really helpful for telling how many charges you have left. Right now, you can use up your last charge without realizing and be forced to wait for the cooldown rather than having it ready for an emergency.

The game shouldn't be harder for visually impaired people for no reason.

• Like 2

I was just about to suggest something like this for both the firebrand and mesmer mantras. You have 3/2 icons for both sets of mantras at this point. Even for players with good eyesight, using the different icons for each charge would make it easy to tell at a glance how many charges we have left instead of having to look for the number. As an experienced firebrand, I can tell you I relied on that icon for the last charge to know when to stop spamming charges, not the number. 

Don't get rid of the numbers, though. They're still useful for people learning the class. 

• Like 3