Return to The Dragon's Reach achievements not completing

I think I must be missing something. I'm working through the Return to Dragon's Reach achievements, but they stopped updating. For example, in Return to Dry Top 1, they completed until Return to Discovering Scarlet's Breakthrough and nothing after that has completed. I played through everything in episodes up to 3 of LS2, but most of them didn't complete. Do I need to complete the achievements for each episode? It doesn't say that, just that you need to play through them. It's very frustrating to do all this again in the first place, but to have to re-do a bunch will be even worse. What am I missing? 

48 minutes ago, Botan Saro Pu.1085 said:

I think I must be missing something. I'm working through the Return to Dragon's Reach achievements, but they stopped updating. For example, in Return to Dry Top 1, they completed until Return to Discovering Scarlet's Breakthrough and nothing after that has completed. I played through everything in episodes up to 3 of LS2, but most of them didn't complete. Do I need to complete the achievements for each episode? It doesn't say that, just that you need to play through them. It's very frustrating to do all this again in the first place, but to have to re-do a bunch will be even worse. What am I missing? 

Someone else had this problem in another thread and a suggested scenario was that the user was entering instances via the purple "replay" map point, rather than the green one.

I didn't have to complete all the achievements for each episode, just the episode itself, though the game oddly kept wanting to skip me to the final chapter of each, and I had to restart them via the story menu to pick up the chapters I'd missed.

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses. I used the green stars, the purple only seemed to appear after I had done an episode. I thought they were just so you could go back and complete the achievements.

Here are some screenshots, not sure they will help...

Return to Dry Top 1: 

https://puu.sh/HNgPM/554e2bbc1f.png

I completed all stories, not the other parts.

Return to Dry Top 2:

https://puu.sh/HNgQU/62a1eaba17.jpg

Completed all stories.

In the meta ach, Return to Dragon's Reach, for some reason Return to Dry Top 1 isn't showing up. I have to search for it. Shouldn't it be there? Maybe I need to open a ticket, or maybe I'm just being an idiot? 😛

I've also encountered this, I did Caithe's Reconnaissance 3 separate times and it did not come up as completed. I was able to complete all of the Dry Top story related achievements without any issues.   

Edited by Hellbore.1473
  • Like 2

It looks like Caithe's Reconnaissance can only be completed by entering through the green star, i.e. you need to follow the chapter from the beginning. That story step doesn't end with the instance, it has a part after it, in the open world, that you can't do when doing the mission through the purple star.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Hellbore.1473 said:

I've also encountered this, I did Caithe's Reconnaissance 3 separate times and it did not come up as completed. I was able to complete all of the Dry Top story related achievements without any issues.   

5 hours ago, Thenme.6491 said:

i also have same problem as hellbore

4 hours ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

It looks like Caithe's Reconnaissance can only be completed by entering through the green star, i.e. you need to follow the chapter from the beginning. That story step doesn't end with the instance, it has a part after it, in the open world, that you can't do when doing the mission through the purple star.

Yes, there is an issue with Caith's Reconnaissance as indicated.  The story step does not complete fully when just repeating using the 'purple' markers (repeat for achievements entrance).  There is a NPC nearby in open world you must talk to after completing the Caithe instance part to actually complete the entire story step.  To get the proper interacts, restart the story using the green story markers.  You will get the Caithe's Reconnaissance completion achievement after talking to the open world NPC.

• Like 1