Returning Player: Necro or Guardian?

Codename Rune.1608

Hello all!
As the title says, I am currently returning to GW2 after a loooong break 😄

Back when I last played I mained a Dragonhunter, but at the time I remember finding out Guardian in general was in a bad spot when I started getting into the more challenging content. At the same time, necro was kinda busted, so I swapped to that to try it out, since I enjoy summoning stuff.

I did some reading when coming back and it seems Guardian is in a better spot now. So my question is: Is Necro still the champ for solo-ing everything? If I'm gonna do Open World and fractals, is Guardian a no-brainer or should I stick to my death-defier? I enjoy playing both, so to me right now it's really more a topic of gauging the meta.

Pretty much the bannerslave story in terms of group content. Everyone wants a firebrand...and everyone has one too.
Scourge ain't far off. Both are good and don't really get in each other's way. Scourge offers barriers and ressing, Firebrand practically everything else save alacrity I guess

In open world- necro. No amount of burns or boons is gonna change the fact necro has aoe 5 target 1200 range pull (spectral grasp) that at the same time nearly completely fills his life force bar. As guardian you have to chase your food, like everyone else, while as a necro dinner comes to you with bonus silverware and spicing..

• Haha 1