Crashing In Orr

I keep seem to be having an issue with game crashing while in Orr, in particular Malachor's Leap. I've had it happen twice now in the last 30 minutes, and I also had it happen yesterday while in Cursed Shore. I don't seem to have the issue in any other zone that I have noticed beside the Orr zones. 

1 minute ago, JaconKin.5623 said:

Well each time I crash I am sending reports. I just had another happen just now. 

Just FYI, within the last 24 hours there's been some sort of issue with a "swath of cloud servers" going down. The forums have been bouncing up and down the past few hours, and Comcast in the greater Seattle area is having issues (which might affect ArenaNet, but I'm unclear how it may affect servers that may be located elsewhere.)

Could be a game issue, but could be general internet demons.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Danger Ferret.6342 said:

Just FYI, within the last 24 hours there's been some sort of issue with a "swath of cloud servers" going down. The forums have been bouncing up and down the past few hours, and Comcast in the greater Seattle area is having issues (which might affect ArenaNet, but I'm unclear how it may affect servers that may be located elsewhere.)

Could be a game issue, but could be general internet demons.

I could see this being an issue, if I was having crashing in other places in the game. Yet, it is only taking place in Orr of all places. 

1 minute ago, JaconKin.5623 said:

I could see this being an issue, if I was having crashing in other places in the game. Yet, it is only taking place in Orr of all places. 

I hear you, but if those Orr instance maps are clustered separately from other maps as far as servers go, it's entirely possible one cluster is down (or having problems) and the others remain active.

Edited by Danger Ferret.6342
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Danger Ferret.6342 said:

I hear you, but if those Orr instance maps are clustered separately from other maps as far as servers go, it's entirely possible one cluster is down (or having problems) and the others remain active.

I literally just had it happen again a minute ago. I did submit a support ticket to see if it's an issue I can fix on my side. Yet, it only just started yesterday I believe. Now it's almost a constant thing taking place. 

Just now, JaconKin.5623 said:

I literally just had it happen again a minute ago. I did submit a support ticket to see if it's an issue I can fix on my side. Yet, it only just started yesterday I believe. Now it's almost a constant thing taking place. 

That's what made me consider it might be a cloud server issue. That's when the apparent "swath of cloud server" issue happened at first. But at any rate, I hope you get through it. Maybe I'll go flap around Orr and see if I have the same issues.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, nakieon.8513 said:

I am having the same issue, in Malachor's Leap too! Trying to 100% the zone and do my personal story has been frustrating.

Aye, I'm glad it's not just me. I know Nvidia had Driver updates recently and also Windows just did an update today. It could also be the server as Danger Ferret has stated. 

Guys, this Sphere bound check assert. Nothing with servers/cloud. This is inside files/code.

I have the same crash in ML too. 2 times in 10 min near entrance to JP where a lot of Mithril nodes.

Stop write text as "be a cloud server issue" if you don't read crash report.

• Like 2

Easy to reproduce. I swim again to JP entrance with mithril nodes in ML and the game crash again, at the same place.

Assertion: minBoxDist <= m_sphereRadius
File: ..\..\..\Engine\Gr\GrBound.cpp(302)

The same report. ANet, you got a lot of crash reports, and you can reproduce in 1 minute this crash. Why this bug not fixed yet?