Suggestion: What to do with Alacrity?

Mega.5791

Seems to me the point of duel staff is simply to maintain access to the ambush (alac) while still benefiting from sigil of energy since sigil of energy is for the most part a standard on Mirage offhand with obvious benefits. losing the sigil on both staffs removes the benefit of swapping staffs. Therefore, it seems fair to say its duel staff due to the sigil only, but the sigil is fine and prob shouldnt be changed just for this niche alac mirage BS.

Also...Lets face it Condi rr/alac is much more practical and almost always the better option so I just dont understand why people care about alac Mirage and even more so why people wana see it nerfed. Id rather see people suggest anet fix axe, balance ambushes in wvw/pvp to give dodge back, give us glamor traits again, etc, etc. Alac Mirage is a red herring and you all fell for it.

4 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Actually, I don't believe that would be true. Any of the 'on kill' sigils becomes a very good option that would maintain equipping two if the same weapon. 

Sigil of stamina for sure I think is completely broken on mirage when vs multiple weak mobs, it is the definition of perma evade in that kind of situation.

I suppose you could have stamina+luck on one staff and frenzy+x on the other staff, maybe even a stacking sigil or something, though personally feel the additional set of fresh cooldowns and certain other sigils would be more beneficial for 9s.

But I think this is just unravelling what in my mind is an issue with the game in that certain gear limits the design space for profession skills and traits. As it is, weapon swap is almost equivalent to "reload" in fps games, when using those gear options.

This is probably controversial and subjective on my part, but maybe there should just be hard rules that necessitate equipping different weapons. If you want to use one weapon only, then you just don't swap weapon.

• Like 2