"Not So Secret" Jumping Puzzle / Diving Goggles

14 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

For future insanely difficult jumping puzzles, use this:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Prototype_Position_Rewinder

Will position rewinder skill be available if we fall in water?

I tried using thief shadow portal as safety procedure in the above said jp, but when I fell on water, I couldn't use the shadow portal skill it went on cooldown directly as its unusable in water. I could check it out myself once I login but just asking so anyone reading forums and not tried it yet would get the idea

18 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

For future insanely difficult jumping puzzles, use this:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Prototype_Position_Rewinder

I recommended this too.
Since it is an insanely good tool with moderate cooldown and not really expensive to obtain either.

But sometimes people just want to get ported because of reasons 🙂
Some cant do the JP on their own or they simply dont want to. And the tool only helps if you can do the jumps in general. It wont help to finish the puzzle itself.

3 hours ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

I tried using thief shadow portal as safety procedure in the above said jp, but when I fell on water, I couldn't use the shadow portal skill it went on cooldown directly as its unusable in water. I could check it out myself once I login but just asking so anyone reading forums and not tried it yet would get the idea

Tested.
Works 🙂
You can use the rewinder, place a backup point, jump into water and while diving, you can use the rewinder.
You can even place backup points under water and teleport to.

Greetings
Cypher

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

You can actually even use it in the air. But yeah, it works as long as your position is still active (and it stays active for 30ish seconds, but the "return" button has a cooldown. So i only do the tricky jumps when the return function is off cooldown. That way, if i fall, and especially in "not so secret" where every fall will kill you in later stages - i mark my position, try the jump, and if i fail, just press the return when falling, or as soon as i see the jump going badly lol. Then just wait for the cooldwon before trying again.

3 hours ago, theCypher.9406 said:

I recommended this too.
Since it is an insanely good tool with moderate cooldown and not really expensive to obtain either.

But sometimes people just want to get ported because of reasons 🙂
Some cant do the JP on their own or they simply dont want to. And the tool only helps if you can do the jumps in general. It wont help to finish the puzzle itself.

Yeah, the tool isn't any magical "finish puzzle" tool, but it's SO helpful that i think everyone should consider it if they're struggling with JPs. I wouldn't have completed the not so secret diving spot without it. And honestly, since i have it - i've been keen on trying a lot more jumping puzzles in general.

Too bad it doesn't work in WvW jumping puzzles, but i just used my Mesmer portal for that. I still can't get to the blue catmander lol, that jump is so dumb...

• Like 1