References to Heroes/Henchmen in PoF (spoilers?)

Rognik.2579

So by now, we've had a pretty good chance to explore the desert region of Elona and we got quite a few references back to the old games. As much as I'd been hoping from more on the wiki, though, there doesn't seem to be a compilation of all the possible references to heroes from Nightfall. I'm also throwing in any henchmen references people find more for the sake of completion. I can't remember who most of the henchmen were in Nightfall, outside of the 5 from all the games, since heroes were always preferred if we needed an extra slot, but maybe someone remembers something I don't and we can fill out this list more.

So, here are the call backs that I've seen, no matter how vague they might be. Feel free to add, comment or correct anything I might not have right:

• Redeemer Kossan is a descendant of Koss and Melonni. One of the Guild Chats revealed that there might be more of them out there and not all of them necessarily have a blood link.
  • Dunkoro himself is one of the heart vendors in the Desolation, specifically at the Lair of the Forgotten.
  • Talkora is the Last Sunspear found all but dead in southeastern Vabbi.
  • Acolyte Sousuke seems to have been the first Weaver, after having studied with the djinn and learned how to split his attention. Folarin speaks of a "Sosuke", but that seems far too similar to be just a coincidence. Perhaps the name got corrupted over the 200 years since his studies.
  • Ebele speaks of the first Soulbeast who merged with her pet to survive the desert. While her name was lost, I'm wondering perhaps that's a reference to Acolyte Jin. I vaguely remember her personality being somewhat brash, but I can't remember if she'd be the type to try and cross the desert just because it was a challenge.
  • It's indirect, but Norgu's acting troupe of the Lyssan Fools are still running around the Garden of Seborhim.
  • And of course, there's the all-but-confirmed identity of the Herald of Balthazar being Devona put in a Forged body.

How did I do? Of the Nightfall heroes, I believe that only leaves Goren, Margrid, General Morgahn, and Zhed Shadowhoof unaccounted for. (I'm not counting Razah, as applicable as he might be.) I'm going to assume the old Master of Whispers will get a mention when we meet up with the Order of Whispers in the future, but maybe I missed something. Feel free to chime in if you found anything else, something even remotely suspicious.

I'm somewhat hoping it will turn out that the Veldrunners migrated out of Kourna rather than being exterminated. The writing seemed to be on the wall long enough for them to get out of dodge, and Joko does like to claim that he did things that he actually didn't.

I'd have to double-check, but I'm pretty sure some of the items (miniatures and named Sunspear weapons) reference Nightfall henchmen.

@draxynnic.3719 said:

I'd have to double-check, but I'm pretty sure some of the items (miniatures and named Sunspear weapons) reference Nightfall henchmen.

I can confirm that. I've spotted minis for Abasi, Sogolon, Odurra, and Timera. Cross-checking the wikis, it seems several of the profession trainers from the Churrhir Fields also got included, as well as the henchman tutorial quest-giver.

@Rognik.2579 said:

• Ebele speaks of the first Soulbeast who merged with her pet to survive the desert. While her name was lost, I'm wondering perhaps that's a reference to Acolyte Jin. I vaguely remember her personality being somewhat brash, but I can't remember if she'd be the type to try and cross the desert just because it was a challenge.

I don't think she would be. Jin was more the helldriven monster hunter type, while Ebelek seems to describe the first soulbeast as an avid survivalist. There was also something about how the first soulbeast 'heard of' the deserts of Elona once she'd already conquered rivers and mountains. We know that Jin had visited Elona by 17, so unless she managed that very young on top of all the Zaishen training, that doesn't make a good fit. We also know she didn't have a pet with her at that time.

Archived