Conversation option aboard the Phoenix dawn to skip "sparking the flame" is nonexistent

so this was apart of the last patch notesAdded a conversation option on the Lionguard Aircrew aboard the Phoenix Dawn in Lion's Arch to send players who have completed the "Sparking the Flame" chapter of Path of Fire to the Free City of Amnoon.ive started PoF on two different characters now and neither has had the option to do the above, ive talked to every single npc in the area and nothing.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:It's thought that it may only apply to characters that have completed "Sparking the Flame", not whole accounts. Try taking a character that's completed the story step, and see if the option is available.

Good luck.

This seems illogical to me. The notes said that it would send "players" to Amnoon, not characters. What would be the point of being able to send a character to Amnoon again, he will have the waypoint there. Implementing such a thing into the game (which probably is not something a single employee can just do in a couple of minutes) only so that a character can save some silver to get to Amnoon by storyquest instead of porting seems ridiculous.

If you don't have a Invitation to the Lily of Elon, then I think the only way to go to the desert is by doing Sparking the Flame.On Heart of Thorns you also couldn't go to Verdant Brink on characters that didn't completed the Prologue chapter unless you went through the door of a guild hall. However, going through the door of the PoF guild hall will leave you on the Domain of Vabbi, all the way down south and really far from Amnoon.

@Jeknar.6184 said:If you don't have a Invitation to the Lily of Elon, then I think the only way to go to the desert is by doing Sparking the Flame.[...]Well yes, but the point here is that there was a patch note telling you there is a possibility to be ported to Amnoon by the airship crew in lions arch, which the OP could not find. This would basically skip the whole part with fighting the herald in the pyramid, helping out the village where you get the raptor and cross the cave towards Amnoon.

The patch note "Added a conversation option on the Lionguard Aircrew aboard the Phoenix Dawn in Lion's Arch to send players who have completed the "Sparking the Flame" chapter of Path of Fire to the Free City of Amnoon." is under the section "Personal Story", so I figured it might only apply to characters doing the story and the OP missed this and tried to port to Amnoon with characters who were not doing the story. So I took a char, started the story and looked for this option - I didn't find it either. So this seems indeed to be buggy.

Archived