Vendor solution for Pve legendary trinkets effects (Aurora, Coalescence, Vision)

Vendor solution for Pve legendary trinkets effects (Aurora, Coalescence, Vision)  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be ok with a vendor where you can just trade in the current version of the legendary trinket (Aurora, Coalescence, Vision) for one WITHOUT any visual effects as a simple solution to not have to deal with the "balls aura"?

• Yes
    • No (please state what other solution you would prefer)

I understand that there is a technical barrier to provide a toggle for these legendary trinkets effects, but why cant we just have a simple vendor that sells (as trade 1 for 1 like many other vendors do),  items with what ever name/icon you prefer that just have the stat swap, you can even copy the current ring (from wvw) and just disable the unique.

My point is that the new legendary armory is bringing value to legendaries that previously were just sitting on the bank yet i (as many other persons) will still not be able to use 3 legendaries when there is a simple and viable option that creates no problems for anyone, if you want the effects don't trade the legendary in, and if you don't just trade it.

Anyway i am interested in seeing if this gets some support in the hopes some one from arena net can throw us a bone, the people that care so much for the game that went through the effort of making these items for the reason of having stat select, and just give us a vendor to trade in instead of recognizing a simple request made by many and choosing to do nothing even when there is an easy path that solves the problem at little to no effort and with no additional problems for those that like it as it is.

The way I understand the explanation given, there is nothing "simple" about this.

First of all, your "simple" solution would lead to two different base items for each trinket, e.g. Aurora and Aurora-no-visuals. The solution they have used for the slumbering trinkets seems to involve that only one of them is actually in the armory (the non-slumbering version that now has the visuals toggle).

You would also want only one of the Aurora variants in the armory, especially if you can only have either or (since there is no way to get a 2nd Aurora). Which one do you put in? Either way would lead to a lot of hassle to the subset of players that choose that variant, not to mention the support overhead from those players that choose the trinket that gets absorbed into the armory and afterwards find they'd want the other version after all.

What about the players that prefer the variant that does not go into the armory? There already are several people up in arms because their slumbering conflux will not be absorbed into the armory and they will not be able to upgrade/vendor trade it for a while because the vendor is not yet implemented, which leaves them with a legendary ring they still have to manually trade between characters.

I doubt people would react kindly if their Aurora/Vision/Coalescence would be kept out of the armory for however much longer unless they "upgrade" them to a no-visuals version (as that would effectively have to be the upgraded version to avoid the unfairness to current owners mentioned in the ANet posting).

ANet has made it clear that they see the visuals on those trinkets as a problem, and I am certain it is a problem they intend to fix as soon as they have the resources to do so. They have also been open about the fact that the current implementation isn't easy to fix (and with a background of 25 years working as a software engineer in large-scale projects I fully believe what they said).

The sensible approach to this problem really is to wait until they have the ability to do a thorough, technically robust rework of the trinkets and their effect to fit in with the current technical base as soon as they have the resources available to do so. Implementing a convoluted, error-prone workaround that doesn't account for edge cases (and I'm sorry to say but the way I understand both your suggestion and ANet's explanation of the base problem) and isn't future-proof simply is a waste of resources.

I get that you're disappointed this isn't going to happen with the armory. I am in the same boat, with Aurora sitting in my bank (I hate those floating balls) next to all of the materials needed for Vision (minus clovers and t6 mats, as I used them on Astralaria once I found out the visuals aren't going to disappear soon). I still prefer to wait however long it takes if that means we get a clean, well thought-out fix to the mess, rather than a band-aid that'll break every time someone as much as looks at it.

First point my statement about being "simple" refers to my suggested solution, and yes that implementation is "simple", proof of that is the fact that there is already vendors that off trade 1 vs 1 item.

Second point, yes this would create two items per trinket (in terms of database and legendary armory), but this is not an issue in my point of view since they could "easily" (to prevent the need of further clarification i classify here as "easy" based on the previous implementation of similar systems such as the "unique" and other item equipping restrictions) make both of the items available in legendary armory but make them unequippable  together, this solves both of the scenarios you presented with the only added "inconvenience" of one more choice of item (that is just another icon that you can or not choose) (different uid).

So basicly the work would be adding 3 items to the game (that are basically database entries since implementation of non animated legendary items is already in the game), define the item as unique to the counterpart (already implemented in the game for several items of different id and name (example ascended trinkets from map currency that have this "quirk"), and that's it, as opposed to doing nothing for a problem that affects a lot of people (i know a lot of other persons in this same situation but if you require a more direct demonstration of this fact please just review any recent vod of the MightyTeapot stream where he talks of his own similar thoughts on this subject and also the representation on the chat of people that relate and suffer from the same inconvenience).

And my last point is that i have no confidence that this is ever going to be resolved, it has been years since i have posted topics on this forums or participated in posts of others asking for a solution such as the one proposed, and yet nothing.

In the end of the day anet does not own me anything, i am just asking (again) that they take some consideration for the people that played hours for something in game (one of the very few rewards that comes from effort) and that is basically useless if i have to play with an animation that doesn't even let me see my character correctly.

And this proposition is not the more desirable i get that but it is "simple" and it would resolve the problem for those that have it without affecting in any way those that don't, and honestly having 6 instead of 3 items, is that to much to ask for something that as been requested since the first week aurora was made available ?

20 minutes ago, Turtle Dragon.9241 said:

This has already been addressed and explained by ArenaNet.

A valid point but like i answer before with the "unique" system or even more simple with restricting selection (that already is implemented on the gear selection or even in the combination selection of something like the mystic forge).

As i posted in that same reference, asking if it couldn't just there be a restriction in the selection of the items on LA, ex: if a slumbering version is selected then the animated version cant be, this would solve the problem of the "unfair advantage" since having 2 versions wouldn't matter because you could only equip one of them.

20 minutes ago, semaj.4756 said:

and yes that implementation is "simple"

I prefer to believe ANet's explanation that it is in fact NOT simple at all. They do after all know all the tech involved and available, unlike those of us who have no access to the actual code.

Just in case you missed the latest post that specifically adressed the trinket situation:

Edited by Rasimir.6239