Fresh Air Weaver

Exzen.2976

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, ElrondMcEnz.5236 said:

yeah your montages are crazy. I started with FA Weaver too but a bit frustrating to learn. You have any tips or suggestions to make learning better? 😄

Thanks! Unfortunately I have no real tips to making learning it better and it's hard to give other suggestions without seeing you play. My advice would be to watch videos, really understand what the skills do  knownwhat other classes can do (so you can fight them better), try and analyse your own play and think about what you could have done differently when someone kills you! It's got quite a steep learning curve because you have so many skills, you need to position yourself very well and you need to predict when you will need defensive skills rather than just reacting, but you will get there if you stick at it. The upside to having so many skills is that once you do get the hang of it, you have lots of tools you can use and many possible burst combos. 

32 minutes ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

I dislike your taste in music but I gave a thumbs up nonetheless because your thought process next to every action is a nice touch that's usually missing from high end play in video games.

Whatever song you use, some people will dislike it! I actually like a bit of everything, but I like quite fast paced music for montages. But thanks, I really appreciate you took the time to watch and like despite not enjoying the music 🙂 I'm glad the info was useful, it was a pain to edit!

• 2 weeks later...

Hero status. Teach me your ways. 

What stats do you use?

And what are those big spike combos? I want to learn this class better than my staff wvw zerg weaver. 

What classes do you have a hard time against?

I did notice that a bunch of the enemies in that montage sucked; namely the DEs and the Ranger. But you slaughtered just so many at once, so well its amazing.  Do you find fresh air scepter is better than a sword weaver build?

Edited by SlitheSlivier.1908

6 hours ago, SlitheSlivier.1908 said:

What stats do you use?

And what are those big spike combos? I want to learn this class better than my staff wvw zerg weaver. 

I did notice that a bunch of the enemies in that montage sucked; namely the DEs and the Ranger. But you slaughtered just so many at once, so well its amazing.  Do you find fresh air scepter is better than a sword weaver build?

I use a mixture if berserker, marauder and Valkyrie stats: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGABs2t3lFwiYesDGKWUXtvMA-zVZYBhQKaIkFxonCztQaKE6tC6OBM5EEwe4to/ZE-w

The big spikes come from comboing several skills together. Scepter has some good damage skills, such as Fire 2 and 3, water 2 and the fire/air, earth air and fire/earth dual skills. The general idea is to CC (the build has lots of CC) and then combo as many of these together as you can, along with double attuning to air and using air 2. This adds several damage multipliers. There is a basic description on metabattle for how to use it. Other than that it's just practice! It will likely take you a while to get the hang of it.

This build struggles against thieves, power revs, condi mes/mirage, holo and boonbeast among others, but it has so many skills available that you can outplay them.

Sword condi/cele weaver is a much easier build to run. It's very effective though and is a good choice for roaming. I think scepter fresh air is better personally because of the extra mobility, although I'm sure many will argue with me on that - I'm totally biased.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, SlitheSlivier.1908 said:

What stats do you use?

I mainly play d/d weaver but I love fresh-air for small group, small zerg; and that's how I know mistakes most of players do with fresh-air :

Don't block yourself in Air.

Rotate with all attunement and combinations, to use all available skills and duals skills ... and to learn more about them. Even double-attunement, like Fire-fire, with good core #3.

It's not because Air refresh at every crit you must swap to it anytime. Overall air skills suck, electric discharge doesn't do high damage; swap to air when dual skills are ready for big combo and refresh the "fresh air" buff or sustain like superspeed, gale / the wind thing.

Actually may be the most effective way to learn about fresh air is to actually not play the "Fresh air" trait and learn rotation in OW against pack of mobs or veterans without spamming F3.

Count Breakstun/invulnerability on enemies, look at stab.

You have many CC, but they have long CD and you're DPS is mainly a burst stacking a lot of damage modificator and skills.

So be sure your enemy is stun for good or without any block/invu before switching to fire/fire; or do the mega dual attacks burst earth/air > fire/earth > air/fire.

For example most of thiefs play with 2 BS : shadow step + mercy/blindpowder or bandit's defense + some stealth / step on F1; use cc and pressure to force him burn these skills but keep your Gale for big burst.  Same with war with balanced stance, endure pain, shake it off, the shield ...

Edited by Zhaid Zhem.6508