Legendary Reliquary for people with 2x conflux but not those with conflux + slumbering conflux ?

Let me explain with the following example. Assume there are two players: A and B.

Both had a slumbering Conflux and Conflux.

Player A upgraded their slumbering Conflux to Conflux an hour before the patch.

Player B upgraded their slumbering Conflux to Conflux an hour after the patch. 

Player A ended up with one more legendary item than Player B did.

1. Player A should not have gotten that extra legendary item. In fact, neither of them should.

2. Given that Player A was mistakenly given the extra legendary item, an action must be done since a mistake had been made. 

3. Lastly, any of this is not any player's fault. 

• Thanks 1

Why dident player B upgrade it before the patch?

We knew 3 days before the patch hit that it could hold 2 confluxes.

Did they wait for free upgrade and then just did it right away hoping for a freeebie noone was expecting?

If so player B should not get a legendary, as I said in my oppinion neither should player A since the clarifictation clearly said the armory could hold 2 confluxes but if Anet want to be nice good on them.

Source

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/97798-legendary-armory-follow-up-clarifications/

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

Why dident player B upgrade it before the patch?

We knew 3 days before the patch hit that it could hold 2 confluxes.

Did they wait for free upgrade and then just did it right away hoping for a freeebie noone was expecting?

If so player B should not get a legendary, as I said in my oppinion neither should player A since the clarifictation clearly said the armory could hold 2 confluxes but if Anet want to be nice good on them.

Source

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/97798-legendary-armory-follow-up-clarifications/

Once again, it is now not the case that neither of them got legendary, is it? The reality is that Player A got legendary which is not supposed to happen and Player B did not. How should they fix it? let it go? like they made a mistake resulting in some players getting ahead and some others not. 

Basically, was Player A supposed to get that extra legendary item? If the answer is no, what should Anet do next? Nothing?

1 hour ago, stpk.2967 said:

Once again, it is now not the case that neither of them got legendary, is it? The reality is that Player A got legendary which is not supposed to happen and Player B did not. How should they fix it? let it go? like they made a mistake resulting in some players getting ahead and some others not. 

Basically, was Player A supposed to get that extra legendary item? If the answer is no, what should Anet do next? Nothing?

Some players got compensation for the Eu server rollback and some did not all was affected.

Life is not always fair.

9 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Some players got compensation for the Eu server rollback and some did not all was affected.

Life is not always fair.

So you are suggesting here that there is no way to make it more fair or even if there is a way to make it more fair, we still just let it go because life is not always fair?

I am sorry I just thought otherwise not that it matters now.

This is pretty clear in my mind. If you owned Conflux+Slumbering Conflus, Anet implied your best bet was to wait for a new merchant to upgrade Slumbering Conflux.  But then gave players who didn't wait an absolutely huge bonus.

I wouldn't be so bothered about this if anet had erroneously given some people the mats to make another conflux.  But instead they erroneously gave them the ability to completely bypass the LI+killproof hellscape that is raiding, or the catastrophic bot filled mess of pvp. 

Since reclaiming the erroneously given chests is probably off the table.  I think the best outcome would be for anet to give a free chest to either: 1. everyone  or 2. everyone who had say at least 2 legendary weapons and/or trinkers, possibly excluding aurora and vision.

5 hours ago, stpk.2967 said:

So you are suggesting here that there is no way to make it more fair or even if there is a way to make it more fair, we still just let it go because life is not always fair?

I am sorry I just thought otherwise not that it matters now.

That is what Im saying yes.

If giving out a second wave of rewards it may go to someone who already got the first reward making people feeling cheated still.

It never ends.

20 minutes ago, linamaria.1830 said:

I would, IF it was been known that people, who upgraded before the patch, would receive a gift.

Ofcourse you would I would have quickly crafted 2 of them aswell but noone expected a gift since it was room for 2 in the armory so no duplicates.

But neither you or I did that so we got nothing I dont see anything wrong with that.