Dyed Effects

Serafina.8357

It always struck me as weird how every single mesmer uses purple for their effects. Makes it a bit easy to tell when a mesmer is involved. Have a spare dye slot to change their particle effects colors would probably go a long way to meshing with player appearances, and be a good lore bump. Mesmer effects are already pretty easy to read by their shape and texture, broken glass shards, floating, broken spheres of rock, and rings of distorting crystals, so it shouldn't damage readability as long as it retains transparency and shape.

That, and I want to feel extra fancy.

• Like 2

On 7/18/2021 at 1:34 AM, Serafina.8357 said:

It always struck me as weird how every single mesmer uses purple for their effects. Makes it a bit easy to tell when a mesmer is involved. Have a spare dye slot to change their particle effects colors would probably go a long way to meshing with player appearances, and be a good lore bump. Mesmer effects are already pretty easy to read by their shape and texture, broken glass shards, floating, broken spheres of rock, and rings of distorting crystals, so it shouldn't damage readability as long as it retains transparency and shape.

That, and I want to feel extra fancy.

or you could just try to mesh with the class' original dye theme instead? i disagree but you can even still use non thematic dye schemes and look cool on any class, every class has their own distinct colors/particle effects, not just mes.  "and be a good lore bump" this would be the exact opposite. "weird how every single mesmer uses purple for their effects" its not only purple, its a very wide spectrum between pink and purple and even a bit blue.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1