"Some fields are invalid; please fix them." "There was an unspecified error. Please try again." I can't login to your website at all

I've tried on multiple browsers, it's just not working.

Previously I was logged into the game and the forums but couldn't login to the website to generate another API key (or to access the ones I had generated days before).

I figured I'd ask support to help figure out how to fix it and their response was to reset my password.

SO NOW I'M LOCKED OUT OF THE GAME!

Typing in a new password in both fields gives the same two error messages, alternating back and forth at random.

Is there some sort of captcha tech you're using on your website that broke in the last few days? It was working fine and then all of a sudden there's no way to get logged in at all. What changed? There surely hasn't been a massive back end update, right?

Has anyone on these forums ever encountered a similar problem? How did you fix it? The only google results go back to 2012 pre beta, or say to try another browser or disable all your script blockers, and those didn't work.

Strange, I had to switch to another computer and do it through linux. the randomly generated password I was trying to use had been flagged as one that was used before or was unsafe.

At the top of the page would drop down a frame that mentioned that but on my desktop pc, those frames weren't showing up at all.

Edited by Tentacle Love.3412

49 minutes ago, Tentacle Love.3412 said:

Strange, I had to switch to another computer and do it through linux. the randomly generated password I was trying to use had been flagged as one that was used before or was unsafe.

At the top of the page would drop down a frame that mentioned that but on my desktop pc, those frames weren't showing up at all.

One annoying thing I run into quite a bit is when a site uses 3rd party providers (or even just a different subdomain) to run security checks. Even if I have whitelisted the site itself, the other domain might still be blocked without my knowing and it takes a bit of digging to find the problem.

I do not know if it is the case here, but it sounds similar to what has happened with some captcha mechanics to me in the past on other webpages.

Once you saw that message, were you able to get through and change the password and/or log in?

Just replying because I had this problem the last few days. I tried to contact CS but they weren't able to help... so I decided to investigate it on my own. 

I could log into the game no problem and I could log into the sites on my mobile phone... but not on my PC, so I figured it must be a problem specific to my PC (client-side) rather than Anet (server-side). 

It turns out that my antivirus, Bitdefender, was blocking certain websites that were hosing javascripts used for the login forms, making the form fail on submission. I tried to add them as exclusions but I think there's too many URLs to add (or the free edition of Bitdefender doesn't handle exclusions very well) so I ended up just uninstalling Bitdefender altogether and I was instantly able to log in again.  It's possible Bitdefender had a recent update or something, idk. Either way, I'm using something else now. :\

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/21/2021 at 5:48 AM, Adesia.5138 said:

Just replying because I had this problem the last few days. I tried to contact CS but they weren't able to help... so I decided to investigate it on my own. 

I could log into the game no problem and I could log into the sites on my mobile phone... but not on my PC, so I figured it must be a problem specific to my PC (client-side) rather than Anet (server-side). 

It turns out that my antivirus, Bitdefender, was blocking certain websites that were hosing javascripts used for the login forms, making the form fail on submission. I tried to add them as exclusions but I think there's too many URLs to add (or the free edition of Bitdefender doesn't handle exclusions very well) so I ended up just uninstalling Bitdefender altogether and I was instantly able to log in again.  It's possible Bitdefender had a recent update or something, idk. Either way, I'm using something else now. :\

This fixed my problem as well. Now i wonder what else Bitdefender was meddling with. Good catch and thank you!