Which version of End of Dragons will you purchase?

Which version of End of Dragons will you purchase?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of End of Dragons will you purchase? (or did you purchase already)

• Ultimate
    • Deluxe
    • Standard
    • None for now

16 hours ago, mathion.8549 said:

So, if there's an inherent increase of maximum character slots per account, I'll get the Deluxe version.  If I decide an extra $20 for 4000 gems is worth it, I'll buy the Ultimate.  But I won't be answering the poll until I know if the maximum number of characters per account is being increased with this expansion.

If we trust the wiki and they handle preorders the same way they did with HoT and PoF you should get an additional slot on top. Just a guess, though, no guarantees...😁

• Like 1

Back in 2019 when i first started, i personally fell in love with the world and the story of this game. I was specificely looking for an mmorpg that is majorly story driven. I tried out some and to that time i only had an office laptop that wasnt able to run basically all of those games .... until i tried gw2 on lowest settings and i was sooo happy. On top of that i was even impressed how good this game and the story was - after playing several hours it was the story, the world and the gameplay that drove me to finally buy the expansion.

Same goes for now, although nowadays iam pretty engaged to all of this games content (from pvp, wvw to raids) it all comes down to exploration and story. Thats why i bought the standard edition. I dont care for skins and other cosmectic goddies thats why neither deluxe nor the ultimate edition came in question for me. But i want to continue my journey - for that the standard edition is more than enough!! 😍

It was the desire to improve quality of life that was a big motivation for me to play by gathering gold to convert into gems and buy respectiv qol stuff like inventory/bank/storage space.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2021 at 7:33 AM, yoguil.7320 said:

If we trust the wiki and they handle preorders the same way they did with HoT and PoF you should get an additional slot on top. Just a guess, though, no guarantees...😁

As it happened, it did.    So they're consistent in the giving one slot per expansion above the cap.  But only if you pre-purchase it, I think.  I bought HoT after it came out (I had done the beta and was traumatized by the smokescales at the time, so decided it wasn't an expansion I wanted right away), but I got PoF (mounts) and EoD (I loved Cantha in Guild Wars 1) ahead of the release.  I didn't get an extra slot for HoT, but did for the latter two, and I hadn't reached the cap when I got PoF.

That's speculation, of course, but the only expansion I didn't get before the release was HoT (which I still loathe, though gliding has saved my behind several times in the game), and I didn't have an extra slot until after I got PoF early, even though I was still below the official cap at the time.  Call it a pattern, if not a certainty.