Dragon's Stand map instance closed itself upon me exiting HoT story ending

I was replaying HoT story and finished the last fight. When I walked out of the story instance after claiming my rewards, I was teleported back to the normal entrance to Dragon's Stand. At that exact same time, there was a group that had just finished doing the Dragon's Stand map meta event and the map closed/reset on them as soon as I entered it after exiting story. People explained to me afterwards that the cinematic for "Mouth of Mordremoth's death" had just finished, and about 2 seconds later the 'map reset/everyone dies' cinematic played. As soon as I loaded in, the map chat exploded with people complaining about the map closing itself when it shouldn't have. Additionally, everyone was teleported back to the entrance and everyone was dead except for me.

The IP I loaded into was 35.168.50.178. This happened at around 1:23 PM Pacific Time today.The map's timer indication on the top right had a little over an hour left on it. I'd post a screenshot, but alas it's not allowed on the forums.

This could have all just been a really bad coincidence, but perhaps it's possible that somehow me exiting story instance and entering the map caused some sort of reset error. Either way, I think it warrants investigation.

On 8/12/2021 at 3:01 PM, mythical.6315 said:

If the map instance is slated to close, it’ll close regardless of the number of players you bring onto the map or whether the timer disappears. I haven’t personally ran into an instance where this did not happen. 

Yes, that's true, but that's not what happened. If that was what happened, the 'map reset' cinematic wouldn't have played out. It would have just kicked everyone to a new map without playing any cinematic. The timer that is supposed to go away after you get past the blighting trees still went off when it wasn't supposed to.

It doesn't matter if you kill the blighting trees with less than 10 minutes left on the timer for the map's reset where everyone dies. If you kill the blighting trees, the timer goes away and the map is given extra time to defeat the mouth AND explore the map afterwards. In such situations there will be an overlap with the event timers on the wiki. Just yesterday I did a DS run and we killed the mouth just as the 'Advance on the blighting towers' started on the event timer. The map gave plenty of time to do the post-event map exploration stuff. That's a normal situation.  What happened when I made this post was not what was supposed to happen.

On 8/12/2021 at 4:54 PM, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Just an FYI, screenshots are allowed on the forums via a link.

Posting the picture is just disabled.

So I'd have to upload the image to some third-party site and then link it? Geez that's a load of crap.

6 hours ago, Zera Allimatti.2541 said:

Yes, that's true, but that's not what happened. If that was what happened, the 'map reset' cinematic wouldn't have played out. It would have just kicked everyone to a new map without playing any cinematic. The timer that is supposed to go away after you get past the blighting trees still went off when it wasn't supposed to.

It doesn't matter if you kill the blighting trees with less than 10 minutes left on the timer for the map's reset where everyone dies. If you kill the blighting trees, the timer goes away and the map is given extra time to defeat the mouth AND explore the map afterwards. In such situations there will be an overlap with the event timers on the wiki. Just yesterday I did a DS run and we killed the mouth just as the 'Advance on the blighting towers' started on the event timer. The map gave plenty of time to do the post-event map exploration stuff. That's a normal situation.  What happened when I made this post was not what was supposed to happen.

Oh. I must have misread your post as I thought you were speaking about the instance closing due to low population. Disregard my post then.