Here is why I am returning to the game soon

Evil.1580

So, long story short, in the last few months, maybe since the last summer, I have logged only to finish the story of the last episode. I was super bored with the game and I even tried FFXIV but I was disgust by the combat and quest system, even then I finished the main story because it was the one interesting thing in the game (for me).So what will make me return to the game? It's the feeling of a bright future for GW2. Oh, these sweet, sweet promises for expansion, legendary trinkets in WvW and PvP made me happy, like a child in a candy shop. The feeling of real progression for one of my favorite games is returning. I believe I am not the only one that will return because of these things and this is the way (IMO) for the game to grow faster and keep its player base entertained. This is what the fans want. Thank you ANET!

P.S. Consider my wishlist so I can die happy!

I wonder how long this will last. People are never happy with that they get ... for too long. I you rush too fast to the new content - once the expansion gets delivered - you might get bored again. And ArenaNet can't always deliver expansions for people that get bored fast.

Cause there might new people starting - that have still tons of stuff left to do. Also at one time the game needs to reach the "finished" state where no new stuff gets added. (At least balancing wise it will get harder with new elite specs - should they keep adding more and story contend might only happen for story/plot. I mean items also would be only similar stuff with different names at one point.)

Personally I have still tons of stuff left do to. Played only from releas until end 2013 and then June 2019 until now. But I hope for improvements to WvW and PvP where a long term fun could be possible. Since it has lots of replayability (always different opponents instead of scripted NPC enemies) ... but needs improvements and bigger population. Downwards spiral with people not liking it leading to a lower population ... and the lower population leading to less people liking it (longer queues, more game modes not possible cause it would split the already low population) ... that isn't an easy task to fix this.