Why can't you use commander tags in fractals and dungeons?

haventr.1630

Like the title says, you can't use a tag in fractals and dungeons because the squad system is separate from the party system. This really becomes a problem if you're doing high level fractals, such as 99 and 100 challenge motes which have very raid-like mechanics. I just want the option to use the tag to teach people high level fractal content or dungeons and just in general show people what to do / where to go in case if they do not. It saddens me deeply when the only time I ever want to use a commander tag are in the scenarios where you cannot, especially since you used to be able to use them.

They should have the color column markers for instanced content tbh.

Even basic stuff like improving target selection via mouseover their health bars needs to happen, it's atrocious how unresponsive the game is when trying to click a target for selection in a crowd of mobs.

I'm also not sure why we don't have macros like FFXIV with sounds/emotes to put in chat to indicate that you've used an interrupt or done X key ability so others don't waste theirs.

@Rising Dusk.2408 said:I have wanted to use my commander tag functionality in Fractals and Dungeons ever since the functionality came out. I realize that it's probably a huge undertaking to update the squad system to have a 5-person mode, though, and so I unfortunately don't really expect to ever get it.

I'd welcome a 5 man squad function for the tag. It'd also probably benefit WvW some when it comes to knowing where your havoc units are at.

It was once possible to tag up in fractals. I used to have a guild member that would put on their tag in fractals teaching runs despite the fact that they were there to learn and not teach, it was a distraction and drove me nuts.

I can see how it would be helpful if the person actually leading the runs had a tag. Not sure when this became disallowed.

@Phibes.4128 said:So you want to give one person the ability not just to kick you from the squad, but out of the fractal entirely? This makes fractals better?

He is talking about the tagging mechanics (alt1-9) as well as other features commanders get over parties such as the ready check. I'd love to see commander functionality in fractals and other non spvp content! (Heck, you used to be able to commander up in spvp ;P)

Archived