Memories of Vlast missing

On Monday I had 2 Memories of Vlast - one earned from the achievement and one bought on the Trading Post. I know for a fact I had both on Monday because I had been carrying one in my inventory (waiting to use it for something) and I put it into the bank to make sure I didn't accidentally sell or delete it during Halloween. I discovered it wasn't possible to stack them, so I put it into a different row in my bank (which I always keep organised) to the first one, along with other items I normally carry but temporarily stored for Halloween.

Today, following this topic I noticed it's no longer possible to buy them from the TP and went to see if mine were tradable so I could send one to the OP. That's when I discovered both were missing and there are two empty slots in the middle of rows of items exactly where they were.

I'm absolutely certain I didn't withdraw them (and I would have moved the other items over if I had) but I've checked both characters I've logged into over the last few days just in case and neither Memory is in their inventories.

I asked my guild and several other people said theirs were missing - in all cases they had stored them in the bank. One person reported theirs was still on the alt who was holding it, but it seems like anyone who had it in the bank has now lost it.

Considering this item was only obtained from an achievement I'm very concerned about this. I'd really like to get it back, since there's no way to get a replacement.

I'm also missing the one I got for the achievement on the only character I've taken through the story. I didn't even know they could be bought on the TP. Just noticed it after reading a post about this on reddit. I did submit a ticket asking for the Memories of Vlast back but hopefully they'll fix this in a patch.

I haven't submitted a ticket yet because since it's affecting multiple people I thought I should report it as a bug 1st and hopefully the fix will get mine back along with everyone else's.

But if not, or if we don't hear anything, I'll definitely be submitting a ticket. Part of the reason I bought another after I saw they were tradable was so if I ever lost one I'd have it again. Although I'm always very careful with items I want to keep anyway.

• 1 month later...

I just want to say a big thank you to Anet, firstly for fixing this bug but also for doing it in such a nice way. I was just expecting the item to be mailed to everyone who completed the achievement, or for something you click on to trigger the chest again. But the way it was done, with the extra dialogue added to Adisa, was really nice.

Archived