Are illusions naturally this aggressive? New to the class.

Katelynn.6593

If this isn't normal, then this will probably sound unbelievable. But it happened. Believe it or not.

Was in combat, running away from centaurs. Ran past some neutral does, which btw I did not click on and mark them, and my illusions that were still up decided to attack the neutral creatures that 1. I hadn't attacked or even clicked and marked in anyway and 2. Who weren't posing any threat to me. 3. There were no reds within cleave range of the does and I saw my illusion's bolt shoot directly into the doe first. So it wasn't a cleave and the neutrals got caught up as collateral damage.

I was just running past a doe minding her own business, and then my illusion just decides to attack it ...

Like I don't remember my necro minions or even my ele minions attacking neutrals as deliberate, usu it's collateral damage.

I think my gw2 mesmer summons blood thirsty sociopaths. She might not be a good person, if she wasn't kept under leash by the programming. ;)

@Katelynn.6593 said:If this isn't normal, then this will probably sound unbelievable. But it happened. Believe it or not.

Was in combat, running away from centaurs. Ran past some neutral does, which btw I did not click on and mark them, and my illusions that were still up decided to attack the neutral creatures that 1. I hadn't attacked or even clicked and marked in anyway and 2. Who weren't posing any threat to me. 3. There were no reds within cleave range of the does and I saw my illusion's bolt shoot directly into the doe first. So it wasn't a cleave and the neutrals got caught up as collateral damage.

I was just running past a doe minding her own business, and then my illusion just decides to attack it ...

Like I don't remember my necro minions or even my ele minions attacking neutrals as deliberate, usu it's collateral damage.

I think my gw2 mesmer summons blood thirsty sociopaths. She might not be a good person, if she wasn't kept under leash by the programming. ;)

when you summon illusion it targets enemy that it was summoned against, but in case in some skills it targets the closest thing it can attack,Yes it will even attack rodents like rats if they are closer.

One time my character was bugged and DE would spawn clones even if I wasn't in combat. The clones would just stand there looking pretty. I changed my outfit before spawning the next clone and then there were four differently clothed versions of me. I wanted to make them dance but they didn't. :anguished:

@Yoci.2481 said:One time my character was bugged and DE would spawn clones even if I wasn't in combat. The clones would just stand there looking pretty. I changed my outfit before spawning the next clone and then there were four differently clothed versions of me. I wanted to make them dance but they didn't. :anguished:

That would be funny looking back. Perhaps frustrating at the time though.> @Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Katelynn.6593 said:If this isn't normal, then this will probably sound unbelievable. But it happened. Believe it or not.

when you summon illusion it targets enemy that it was summoned against, but in case in some skills it targets the closest thing it can attack,Yes it will even attack rodents like rats if they are closer.

:open_mouth:

@Armen.1483 said:I doubt you are using the signet of illusions or the deceptive evasions trait. Don't use those for pve, they are weak and can cause trouble like this. Normally if you are out of combat none of this should happen though.

It seems that way