Haven't played in years... did trap ranger get nerfed?

Pimsley.3681

I used to main anything necro back in the day... even power necro before reaper existed. It's incredible how tanky they are now, geez.

Best counter is power ranger. Working on a build.

Oh and back to the subject, did ranger traps get nerfed? I remember fire and bleeding traps doing more damage/had more stacks back then.

I guess fire/burning isn't the way to go. Based on traits, it looks like poison is the winning condi for trappers?

But yeah, power rangers have always countered necro, not sure if that's the case anymore.

cheers.

@Pimsley.3681 said:I used to main anything necro back in the day... even power necro before reaper existed. It's incredible how tanky they are now, geez.

Oh and back to the subject, did ranger traps get nerfed? I remember fire and bleeding traps doing more damage/had more stacks back then.

I guess fire/burning isn't the way to go. Based on traits, it looks like poison is the winning condi for trappers?

But yeah, power rangers have always countered necro, not sure if that's the case anymore.

cheers.

Traps have since been buffed actually, small buffs.

The reason they feel weak is because literally every class has been granted a bloated amount of condi cleanse and other forms of self sustain over the years. And traps were never buffed enough to keep up with it.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@Pimsley.3681 said:I used to main anything necro back in the day... even power necro before reaper existed. It's incredible how tanky they are now, geez.

cheers.

The reason they feel weak is because literally every class has been granted a bloated amount of condi cleanse and other forms of self sustain over the years. And traps were never buffed enough to keep up with it.

Thanks Trev. Nice seeing a familiar name after all these years of absense.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

cheers.

But I do remember that bleed and burn traps did multiple damage stacks. I was surprised to see that each only had one stack bleed and burn. The trapper runes work well tho. Still I think they want us to lean towards poison damage instead of bleed, burn and poison. Dagger main is a but under powered without any form of evade but does offer some kind of poison dmg integration

@Pimsley.3681 said:

cheers.

But I do remember that bleed and burn traps did multiple damage stacks. I was surprised to see that each only had one stack bleed and burn. The trapper runes work well tho. Still I think they want us to lean towards poison damage instead of bleed, burn and poison. Dagger main is a but under powered without any form of evade but does offer some kind of poison dmg integration

Spike trap burst got nerfed in favor of a shorter cooldown. Now it has a short cd and is more a setup utility. Some people like this change, others don't. I like it because it gives it a clear role and more utility, a bit like how it used to work in the core game with a short cd and an immob but I understand people who liked it with a larger condi application + cc. It is harder to include it in a pure trapper build.As for flame trap. I cannot remember the last time it was changed.