Shout Guardian isnt that Bad

Downstate.4697

It really isn't very good. You don't have good concentration amulets in pvp and the boon uptime on shouts is pathetic. Retreat is awful, even after the changes. 2 charges doesn't help the 24s recharge time on a skill that grants the 2 least relevant boons. Stand your ground only gives 4s of protection, which is really, really bad for a utility post-HoT. Yeah, 20s cd, but protection is your strongest boon and 4s is nothing. You have 3 protection abilities (mace 3, shield 4, stand your ground) but combined they are 3/5 uptime and a single corruption or strip is going to tank your durability.

You are riding the innate durability and trait lines of guardian more than your utilities. Bunker guard has a ton of awesome traits and weapon skills already. It isn't the utilities making your build good. I was running a bunker DH before the damage patch and it was keeping me in mid-plat. After the patch, bunkers are a dime a dozen and you need to do something else to justify the build. Tempest is probably going to be better in almost every metric.

@Zephoid.4263 said:It really isn't very good. You don't have good concentration amulets in pvp and the boon uptime on shouts is pathetic. Retreat is awful, even after the changes. 2 charges doesn't help the 24s recharge time on a skill that grants the 2 least relevant boons. Stand your ground only gives 4s of protection, which is really, really bad for a utility post-HoT. Yeah, 20s cd, but protection is your strongest boon and 4s is nothing. You have 3 protection abilities (mace 3, shield 4, stand your ground) but combined they are 3/5 uptime and a single corruption or strip is going to tank your durability.

You are riding the innate durability and trait lines of guardian more than your utilities. Bunker guard has a ton of awesome traits and weapon skills already. It isn't the utilities making your build good. I was running a bunker DH before the damage patch and it was keeping me in mid-plat. After the patch, bunkers are a dime a dozen and you need to do something else to justify the build. Tempest is probably going to be better in almost every metric.

You forgot protection from f3 and protection on focus skills. Ill keep playing it and try switching out hold the line with wall of reflection I think it performs very well and can compete with tempest. Feel free to disagree.

@FrownyClown.8402 said:

@Shiyo.3578 said:Literally any bunker build is good

Whats the difference between support and bunker then because this is def designed for support

bunker holds 1vX better, support is more usefull in XvX.For example support guard might be fine in 1v1, and do equally good as bunker, but the moment thief ganks your ass you might have a problem, much bigger then bunker would. BUT when your node is clear and you are rotating mid, you are much more usefull as support.( this is from my exp playing with and against guards, I dont actually play one )