Will the Triumphant Armor Reward Track and Vendor Armor Update With New Stats?

Arimas.3492

So will the reward track triumphant armor/hero weapon and vendor armor stat selection be updated with all PoF stats on day 1? Also will existing chests be able to select the stats, or only chests procured after PoF has released be available to get the new stats?

Not sure if this has been asked/answered but I haven't seen it yet. Thanks.

Can we tag on the questions of

• Can Heroic Notaries be used to buy PoF Hero Point Challenges?
  • Will the "Heroic Notary Vendor" gain a PoF Tab next to the HoT Tab?
  • Will Provisions Master get another ability for PoF after HoT? Or Will the Mastery cover both if Xpack is present?So in general the idea of WvW getting updated for PoF being live. What will it get? When will it get it?

@NyhilistTheBoring.2674 said:Can we tag on the questions of

• Can Heroic Notaries be used to buy PoF Hero Point Challenges?

As Ulion.5476 said, probably yes. It'll require a specific currency earned in skirmish rewards chests though.

@NyhilistTheBoring.2674 said:

• Will the "Heroic Notary Vendor" gain a PoF Tab next to the HoT Tab?

No official answer on that, but that'd be the easiest way, so I suppose so.

@NyhilistTheBoring.2674 said:

• Will Provisions Master get another ability for PoF after HoT? Or Will the Mastery cover both if Xpack is present?

There'll probably be an additional pip to unlock PoF in the notary vendor (or whatever it'll become).

@Arimas.3492 said:So will the reward track triumphant armor/hero weapon and vendor armor stat selection be updated with all PoF stats on day 1? Also will existing chests be able to select the stats, or only chests procured after PoF has released be available to get the new stats?

Not sure if this has been asked/answered but I haven't seen it yet. Thanks.

No answer on that topic unfortunately. On one hand, I think that'd be just fair to add the new stats in the selection at day 1. On another hand, I'm guessing ANet is against any possibility to use PoF content that early after release. So my two hypothesis are : either there won't be new stats in ascended selection, and you'll have to MF switch stats, using the new currency to buy insignas/inscriptions. Or you'll have to use the new currency to unlock the possibility to select new stats....

In any case, I suggest not to buy ascended gear before release.

The "currency" that currently comes from skirmish chests in proof of heroics. Once PoF launches, a new skirmish chest will be added and a new currency is being added to replace proof of heroics. Proofs of heroics will still be able to buy everything you currently can, but you will not be able to buy Path of Fire skill points or other recipes with the old currency (proof of heroics). Also, they said you will no longer be able to earn the old currency since what is obtained from the new skirmish chest will be the new currency.

With regards to the armors, I imagine they will add them, but it seems unlikely they will be added immediately at launch. Otherwise, people who have hoarded chests could be fully outfitted in the new stats on day one, and Anet thinks that is unfair to the PvE community.

Will WvW legendary armour have the PoF stats from day 1, and if so will you need to own PoF to select them?

I have some of the tier 2 ascended armour and heh, was wondering if I should make it legendary for the fun of it and if I'd get access to some extra stat sets without PoF or not.

Archived