How to do Portforwarding on my router?

Nor.2057

Been having this issue lateley that my ping goes from 80 to 200 , 300 or 400 (avg im going 250 ish) which sucks after getting used to avg 90 , not sure if my provider done some changes but most games ping bellow 100 ms , so im still unsure... but ive heard portforwarding has helped some here but never done it before although most guides show different info than mine so i come here to ask

Checked online that gw2 ports seem to be TCP: 80,443,6112,6600 (tell me if im missing anythng)

i got a d-lin dir 615 T1 hardware version fully updated to 20.17 this is how i see advancesXT3mMN.jpg

ive noticed many make changes on this options Virtual Server:

WMEjfHS.jpg

And to many this option appears as portforwarding to me appears as port triggering and slightly different...

omFwkZ8.jpg

I already have my Ipv4 adress as well in case i need it...as well my public ip adress

any ideas how to arrange this information on my specific router model? or if this in anyway will resolve my issue?

The virtual server is port forwarding, with the added ability to change which port is used inside and out of your local network. Normally there'd be an actual section for port forwarding, but for whatever reason they cut it for certain countries.

To use the virtual server as port forwarding, you simply need to keep the WAN and LAN ports the same. Support lists GW2 as requiring TCP ports 80, 443, and 6112. For example, you'd add a user defined service named "GW2" for TCP WAN and LAN port 80, and the LAN IP is your computer's IP on your local network, which is listed under the connected devices list on the router. If your computer has a dynamic LAN IP, you will want to configure it to have a static one, which can be done through the router's DHCP reservations.

To simplify, you can run GW2 on port 80 or 443 using the option: -clientport 80

Port forwarding probably isn't going to help you. If it was needed, you'd be disconnected.

tym healix and inculaptus for the responses...sadly it was much simple/dumber what was causing the problem... u_u ...

even if disabled from windows update how updates were delivered from settings the service in ethernet performance within the task manager was still spiking from time to time my network

the culpritWindows Update Delivery Optimization!

from my understanding its a service that shares the windows update to other users while using your network...

everything working like before now that service disabled from service menu and restarted pc =)

Port forwarding is not needed for Guild Wars 2 because it is only relevant when you run servers on your local network that you want to have accessible over the internet.Any router will automatically allow any return packets from applications like Guild Wars 2.

Forwarding random ports will only cause connectivity or security problems.

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:Port forwarding is not needed for Guild Wars 2 because it is only relevant when you run servers on your local network that you want to have accessible over the internet.Any router will automatically allow any return packets from applications like Guild Wars 2.

Forwarding random ports will only cause connectivity or security problems.

i guess you are right i was just attempting this due to the significant amount of threads ive seen other gamers have improved their response time in games online by doing it but i guess this is only a process that is required when you have no connection at all not if the connection is weak or fast enough

also adding the fact that the problem in the end was resolved after killing a windows 10 rogue service that hordes network responsiveness.

Archived