Lasting Legacy needs to be removed or made baseline

GoZero.9708

• 2 months later...

Each of the other grandmasters have uses in different situations or builds. Vindication is better than Lasting Legacy on big hit box bosses and better for solo play. Righteous Rebel is good for the 100% alacrity uptime build. Kalla's Grandmasters are actually pretty balanced compared to a lot of other trait lines and classes. There are tons of GMs that get 0 play because their horrible. These are not those.

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:Each of the other grandmasters have uses in different situations or builds. Vindication is better than Lasting Legacy on big hit box bosses and better for solo play. Righteous Rebel is good for the 100% alacrity uptime build. Kalla's Grandmasters are actually pretty balanced compared to a lot of other trait lines and classes. There are tons of GMs that get 0 play because their horrible. These are not those.

That's the frustration though. The other Grandmaster are good and there are legitimate reason to take those over Lasting Legacy but because Lasting Legacy gives such a crucial damage boost for most group content (sure Vindication does a little better on a small amount of bosses) it unjustly creates a lean towards defaulting to it. Copypasting from what I wrote in the redesign thread:@"GoZero.9708" said:Renegade is built as a damage spec and that additional damage from that trait suffocates the viability of the other two GM traits. While Righteous Rebel got a big buff, it's still caught in the limbo around Lasting Legacy. Make what "Improved Kalla's Fervor" is baseline to Renegade (so that each stack of Kalla's Fervor always grants 3% condi damage and 50 ferocity) and instead make Lasting Legacy more about offense boon support. Adding group Fury to Lasting Legacy would be great as it would provide a source of Fury to Renegade besides the lackluster "gain Fury when you hit a 50% health enemy". Renegade has two traits in Renegade's trait line that activate when gaining Fury yet only has that one source of Fury that only begins to activate after something you're fighting is half defeated. This would allow Renegade to look at their GM traits more actively depending on their party composition like many other specs do: they can take the Might and Fury from Lasting Legacy if the group needs it, they can take the Alacrity from Righteous Rebel if the group needs it, or they can take the additional damage from Vindication if the group doesn't need the Renegade to provide any more support. This change would be extremely healthy for Renegade.

@narcx.3570 said:Snowcrows claims Vindication is better DPS vs. Large hitbox since LL's nerf... I'm not sure I buy that though.

Maybe just for really bursty phase fights, so like Gorse, Sloth, and KC, but you don't wanna be playing Renegade at Sloth/KC anyways, so I dunno.

Even from what I've personally seen in raids, vindication definitely seems like the go-to for large hitboxes. I still stand with the OP tho. I think I saw somewhere someone suggest the lasting legacy be made to grant fury, which would be great since fury is kind of unreliable atm in pug groups.

Also, renegade works just fine for sloth. I can constantly be top dps as a renegade on that boss. Just don't volunteer for first shroom (I always do 3rd).

Edit: I just read the post above me. I like the idea there in the second quote.

@Ertrak.9506 said:

@narcx.3570 said:Snowcrows claims Vindication is better DPS vs. Large hitbox since LL's nerf... I'm not sure I buy that though.

Maybe just for really bursty phase fights, so like Gorse, Sloth, and KC, but you don't wanna be playing Renegade at Sloth/KC anyways, so I dunno.

Even from what I've personally seen in raids, vindication definitely seems like the go-to for large hitboxes. I still stand with the OP tho. I think I saw somewhere someone suggest the lasting legacy be made to grant fury, which would be great since fury is kind of unreliable atm in pug groups.

Also, renegade works just fine for sloth. I can constantly be top dps as a renegade on that boss. Just don't volunteer for first shroom (I always do 3rd).

Edit: I just read the post above me. I like the idea there in the second quote.

Per Renegade on Sloth, maybe if your group doesn't use very much power DPS... But for every competent DH/Holo/Weaver you have, Renegade's dps gets exponentially cut down big time. But then again, I guess if your group does outer strategy, or is constantly moving him for some crazy reason, condi does see some better numbers since it's taking you a lot longer to phase him.

Also, your healer (who isn't the Harrier Druid) should be eating first shroom and then a dps can eat it the 2nd time around if your dps is slow. Don't let them tell you otherwise. :wink:

Archived