Funerary Armor Dye Channels

I'm not sure if this has been brought up, and I suppose it's pretty minor in the grand scheme of things, but I find the dye channels in Funerary Armor to be perplexing, to say the least. I have the chest piece and leggings in medium armor weight, and the head piece in light armor weight, and in all of those pieces, metal and cloth share dye channels. It just strikes me as quite odd, and i'm wondering if that's the intent, or if it's something that was overlooked during PoF development. Am I alone in this feeling?

Maybe I should have made this a question. Is there no one else that finds this strange? Especially in a game affectionately referred to as "fashion wars", it seems very strange to me that metal, leather, and cloth wouldn't have separate dye channels. Especially cloth and metal having separate dye channels. Seems a no-brainer to me...

I haven't got any funerary armor yet so I don't know how egregious this is. I know that on an outfit or two I've posted feedback about poorly chosen dye channels both for shared colors on items one would normally dye differently and shared colors on differing materials that take the dye very differently.

I can see sometimes wanting the same hues across materials, letting the different shades give the contrast, but whatever in the material affects the color needs to take into account the wider material base.

@Donari.5237 said:I haven't got any funerary armor yet so I don't know how egregious this is. I know that on an outfit or two I've posted feedback about poorly chosen dye channels both for shared colors on items one would normally dye differently and shared colors on differing materials that take the dye very differently.

I can see sometimes wanting the same hues across materials, letting the different shades give the contrast, but whatever in the material affects the color needs to take into account the wider material base.100% agreed. With material separated into dye channels, you can dye your metal stuff purple if you like, but it's at least an option. Right now, the light armor weight head piece has three pieces of metal on it, two of the pieces have their own dye channels, but strangely the third shares a channel with the cloth of the hood. And dyeing the hood a metallic looking color, doesn't look good at all. And subsequently, dyeing the hood something like purple, for example, ends up dyeing the metal (which consequently is the largest piece of metal on the entire piece) purple... which does not look good at all.

• 1 year later...

@"crewthief.8649" said:Maybe I should have made this a question. Is there no one else that finds this strange? Especially in a game affectionately referred to as "fashion wars", it seems very strange to me that metal, leather, and cloth wouldn't have separate dye channels. Especially cloth and metal having separate dye channels. Seems a no-brainer to me...

Agreed 100%Different materials should always have separate channels; you can always choose to make different things the same color. I’m still working on collecting the funerary armor so can’t comment on that specifically, but from your description, it does seem odd.

@"crewthief.8649" said:Maybe I should have made this a question. Is there no one else that finds this strange? Especially in a game affectionately referred to as "fashion wars", it seems very strange to me that metal, leather, and cloth wouldn't have separate dye channels. Especially cloth and metal having separate dye channels. Seems a no-brainer to me...

I agree and struggled to dye the medium set to make it look good, in the end just went back to other skins.