[GW2 Raid Training] Still accepting new people, and returning experienced players!

Swiftwynd.1685

Unity. Growth. Respect.

Update: I am no longer a part of this project, but i will provide a link to the website once it is available. It has been rebranded as GW2 Raiding Academy.

Hey all, Swifty here (no, not THAT Swifty...)

New forum up so I wanted to remind everyone who is either new to raiding, a returning player looking to learn the newer wings, or even experienced players who are looking for more "Full Clear" capable players, we have a place for you in [GW2 Raid Training] .

We are a discord server purely dedicated to helping players learn how to raid, funneling players into various "Tiers" which explain their experience with sets of bosses roughly lumped into a progressive difficulty system. We focus on on helping players learn the mechanics and improve their builds, rotations, and overall game knowledge, while also showing them how to easily gear out alts. We promote players having multiple characters with distinct roles so, as they grow in their experience with raids, they can be role-flexible if compositions need to change.

Any player who is capable of completing every encounter in the game is at Tier 4, and has been "role checked" to ensure they can achieve a bare minimum of 25k DPS with their builds in realistic raid buff settings, and ideally will never, ever cause you to lose an encounter to mechanic errors or "low performance" of their role. This is important for anyone interested in finding others to form a "lose static" essentially, as anyone in Tier 4 should be able to swap into your groups with minimal issues.

I hope we can continue to grow with our awesome community of like-minded raiders. As of this post, we have over 1850 members who have logged in within the last 30 days, and we have a formal intake process that will help us continue to grow if the community demand continues to swell. As such, we are also always looking for more trainers to help run our training runs, particularly at the entry Tier 1 and Tier 2 level where the highest need exists for a bunch of new raiders!

Thank you all for your time and see you in game,

• Swiftwynd.1685

I really want to thank you for putting this together, and I hope I can also participate!

The only reason I haven't raided thus far is due to timing - I have a family and can't get on during reset when most folks raid. Do you guys do training runs later into the evenings?

So how do we join - do we just hop on the discord server and go from there?

Thanks!

I feel like you should post this in the LFG section of the forums too, as there are a lot of people looking for raid groups there. On another note, I recommend you to anyone asking me and my guild for raid training. I have even joined your discord but never done a run with you guys yet as I never find the time when I see you guys doing runs. I am so happy to see this group though, it fills a much-needed gap in raids.

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone! Sorin here from GW2 Raid Academy, (same discord as the one above, we did a little flavor revamp) we ARE still going strong! 2,500 members so far!

Kitty, yes, lower tiers have lower requirements, and support classes are judged differently than dps classes!

Prism, we're still here! I'll get with the mods and see about fixing the link if it's out.

Day trooper, we raid alllllll the time! There's CONSTANTLY raids going on of all skill levels! I even found a sloth last night at 3am my time! Just hop into the server, and read the welcome and rules section. From there you'll be directed of what to do to join!!!

Hope to see ya soon!!! And happy raiding to all!

So I would love to learn to raid in this game! I missed it the 1st time around and never did kill VG b/c pugs were awful at first lol.While I would be extremely new here I'm not new to hard content. I was top dps in my guild on wotlk in wow (spriest, guild: turmoil, server: exodar (horde) and we did weekly heroic clears. Also did many uwsc, fowsc, and doasc runs in gw1.

Do you guys ever happen to raid during the day time? Only asking b/c I usually work 2nd shift so I work at night.

Hello there.This looks like a perfect opportunity for me, as the person who was never really much into PvE, but there comes an important question: is there any time\gear requirements for joining ? For example, during the week I mostly have 1,5-2 hours to play per day and some more at weekend. So will I not be a load for you, guys ? You see, I'm myself super-interested in what you offer, but don't want to be a problem, you know..

@Wesa.3580 said:Hello there.This looks like a perfect opportunity for me, as the person who was never really much into PvE, but there comes an important question: is there any time\gear requirements for joining ? For example, during the week I mostly have 1,5-2 hours to play per day and some more at weekend. So will I not be a load for you, guys ? You see, I'm myself super-interested in what you offer, but don't want to be a problem, you know..

You would be a pleasure to have. Feel free to use this link to join and read the welcome and rules to get a run down. Thanks!!

https://discord.gg/x4uNQpy

Archived