Suggestion for Reaper

Thorniss.2301

For pvp only: revert Reaper's Shroud skills damage to pre-patch and add a buff when entering Reaper's Shroud:

"buff name":Global damage received is reduced by:2% stacking from each direct damage hit received;0.2% stacking from each condition damage tick received;Global damage done is increased by same amounts. Both global damage received and done cap to 50%.Lasts the whole Reaper's Shroud duration and 2 seconds after (the stacking stops when leaving Shroud).

If we have to pay an opportunity cost in using Shroud offensively or defensively, is fair enough that enemy team pay an opportunity cost in focusing us or not.

What do you think?

Given the rate at wich damage, especially from condition ticks, is taken, this would match the post-patch buff very shortly after entering Shroud, and would increase more if the Reaper gets focused further.

Such a change could bring the Reaper where it was supposed to be: in the middle of the fight.

With the recent patch, the Reaper Shroud nature changed from "attrition class tool" to "short time power up"; let's try to walk this way then.

@Thorniss.2301 said:Given the rate at wich damage, especially from condition ticks, is taken, this would match the post-patch buff very shortly after entering Shroud, and would increase more if the Reaper gets focused further.

Such a change could bring the Reaper where it was supposed to be: in the middle of the fight.

With the recent patch, the Reaper Shroud nature changed from "attrition class tool" to "short time power up"; let's try to walk this way then.

The more damage we take when shrouded the less impactful degen is: nerf node-to-node mobility

Reaper's Shroud don't have ranged skills, the middle of the fight is where you'll see Shrouded Reapers.

Reaper isn't an attrition e-spec, the reaper is meant to take down foes (reaper/execution theme), weakening them with chill and fear (scared to death, fear chills) and self empowerment, festing on preys.

Just some numbers I saw today after testing Power Reaper damage....

11k on skill 219k on skill 527k on skill 4.

Auto attack chain: 3k - 3k - 7k

Berserker Ammy with might stacking build. I think it's fair to say there's a good reason why Necro gets focused.(numbers might be off as they were different classes and builds I played against but seeing some of those numbers was quite surprising)

@sephiroth.4217 said:Just some numbers I saw today after testing Power Reaper damage....

Berserker Ammy with might stacking build. I think it's fair to say there's a good reason why Necro gets focused.(numbers might be off as they were different classes and builds I played against but seeing some of those numbers was quite surprising)

I'm calling bull on 27k on Soul Spiral. You'd have to sacrifice literally the entire build towards damage to even get anywhere near that, and you'd die when sneezed on.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:Just some numbers I saw today after testing Power Reaper damage....

I'm calling bull on 27k on Soul Spiral. You'd have to sacrifice literally the entire build towards damage to even get anywhere near that, and you'd die when sneezed on.

And? You do have to put the entire build towards damage and if someone sneezes on me I do die but the trick is to sneeze on them first :D

@Jackalrat.5493 said:I have been running super ferocity power reaper with zerker Ammy can can confirm Soul Spirals over 20k do happen. 27k sounds a little high, and I assume his opponent was wearing used Subway napkins or something, but I have definitely seen 20-22k several times.

Full channel onto a Mesmer (light class)... In general it's around the 20k mark but then you also got 8k on the 2 skill so it's not like anything lasts long... (incoming necro nerf threads)

Were you running strength runes with exploitation and opportunity sigils? You may have been the Reaper I got my build from in game in the free for all arena, haven't come across many other power reapers, they're mostly scourges.

@sephiroth.4217 said:haven't come across many other power reapers, they're mostly scourges.

Sadly OPness have changed the heart of fellow reapers. But I can't judge them: having a competitive pvp traitline (not depending on support's mercy) once in a lifespan is a chance to not miss.

! Competitive even without path of corruption's stacking

So, the variety ha> @sephiroth.4217 said:

This is what its come to? Omg full damage necro can do lots of damage... Only you can actually run a full damage war/holo/mes/thief and still survive focus. Your point isn't good.Pit a full damage war against a full damage necro......I wont even continue arguing this attempt at logic.

@TheDevice.2751 said:So, the variety ha> @sephiroth.4217 said:

This is what its come to? Omg full damage necro can do lots of damage... Only you can actually run a full damage war/holo/mes/thief and still survive focus. Your point isn't good.Pit a full damage war against a full damage necro......I wont even continue arguing this attempt at logic.

I don't understand how your response was in context to what I said about trying berserker ammy and getting some good numbers with it?

but since you brought up it's viability, I didn't really have much trouble :wink:

FUj22bb.png

Archived