Virastra/Artsariv and Mirage clones not spawning.

Zenith.7301

I don't know what has been up with this boss but unless you virtually go stand behind her and start lingering thoughts inside the damaging purple zone, mesmer clones will simply not spawn. You have to use Jaunt with the trait to generate clones to generate any clones on this fight unless you want to go every single time and eat the aoe and bait her stomp to try and use axe 2 from behind her to generate the clones.

It's been like that for awhile. Lingering throughts creates a small delayed AoE at its start point, and then creates a clone if that AoE happens to hit an enemy. Artsariiv is literally the worst boss for this kind of illusion generation. Everything about her makes Lingering Throughts mechanically difficult.

My advice as an occasional fellow Mirage player is to stick with phantasms while fighting her.

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:It's been like that for awhile. Lingering throughts creates a small delayed AoE at its start point, and then creates a clone if that AoE happens to hit an enemy. Artsariiv is literally the worst boss for this kind of illusion generation. Everything about her makes Lingering Throughts mechanically difficult.

My advice as an occasional fellow Mirage player is to stick with phantasms while fighting her.

The clone build allows you to just use Jaunt three times or one of your deception utility skills to spawn them all, so it's not so bad for the build.

It was just more a thread to draw attention to this longstanding issue since we've had more attention by Anet devs lately with the 100CM bugs, so I was hoping they could at least be made aware of this and try to address it as time permits.

Archived