Search Engine Question

SkyShroud.2865

What is the point of search engine if you filtered out specific words?

For exampleI search "toxic" and nothing comes outnot because nobody uses that word, comes out just fine in google search with "toxic site:en-forum.guildwars2.com"not because is a single word, you can try other single word and it will just work out fine

it is because it is filteredsearch "toxic hybrid" or "toxic dungeon" or "toxic raid" or "toxic server" and it all workssearch "toxic player" and it doesn't while there are results at google search with "toxic player site:en-forum.guildwars2.com"

if you (anet) dont want to let people search specific words than don't allow us to post related words in the first place....

I imagine that you could have rephrased this as a request to update the filter to allow specific words. It seems possible (and even likely) that someone added e.g. "toxic" to the search function's blacklist without thinking it through. Although Vanilla has its faults, it does seem to have a more robust filtering engine, so for example, Gaile can assess the situation even though the first three letters left alone would be kittenized™ (which is better than the old forums).

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:We have not filtered the word "toxic" in any sense. I just verified and "toxic" is not filtered on our side. I'm sorry if you're having difficulty, but that word (or derivations) would not be filtered through efforts on our part.

Basic search: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/search?Search=toxicI also get zero results.

Advanced search (for title with 'toxic')I get four results.

So there appears to be a discrepancy, but it's not due to a filter on the word.

• The first search should catch at least the same four threads, especially since some include the word 'toxic' and 'toxicity'
  • I'm reasonably certain that there are many, many more posts that include use of the word 'toxic'. For example, this google search has at least 100 such threads.
  • However Google agrees: there are only four threads with toxic in the title

As a control,https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/search?Page=p2&Search=search+enginereturned 15 results, but not this thread

Advanced search (parameters in the title)No results

Archived