What to do as a berserker Weaver in Raids?

Imperadordf.2687

I looked up the DPS/Raider Weaver build on qtfy, changed my gear, tried the rotation a few times. But I still can't get more than 27K DPS with boons on golem. In the video, that weaver was getting 45-55K DPS. Should I add anything else to my rotation - build?

Edit : I use Arcane variant of the build, and I have full ascended berserker trinkets + berserker ascended staff + berserker exo gear

I have the same issue, I can't get past 30k with the 5 boons, (almost) proper food and all condis on golem (large hitbox) and the exact build (all asc). Sometimes i get a 35k burst first few seconds, but that's about it

I am pretty certain i am the problem i.e i don't press my skills fast enough and don't cancel aftercast animations in time. I viewed the qt benchmark vid many times and the guy seems to press his skills impossibly quick. I can't get my head around how he does that, but perhaps it took him multiple tries, as well as extensive knowledge of his class

Keep practicing and maybe play around with your hotkeys

PS: is this the vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDL_Bzd_QQI ? If you look closely, he even had a 70k+ burst @_@PS2: remember GotL doesn't give a unique buff anymore so yeah, there's some dps loss there as wellPS3: qtfy is a group of perfectionists. imo their benchmarks are unrealistic for average and above average players. What would be useful imo is for them to post some average benchmarks for their builds, like the average dps in 50-100 tries. Then the average raider would have a more comfortable target to shoot for

It’s not about how many times you’ve tried the rotation per se.

First of all read the written rotation they have. Fennec also has a nice video explaining the tempest staff rotation (it’s similar). The rotation requires a ton of skill and class knowledge as well as being proficient at playing the piano, think condi engie.

Btw. You can run the videos in slow motion so that you can remember which skills go in which priority.

And just practice practice :)

@TheAndroid.1406 said:PS3: qtfy is a group of perfectionists. imo their benchmarks are unrealistic for average and above average players. What would be useful imo is for them to post some average benchmarks for their builds, like the average dps in 50-100 tries. Then the average raider would have a more comfortable target to shoot for

Their benchmarks are in fact unrealistic for every player because they are tested under unrealistic conditions, that have nothing to do with real combat situations. Not even members of qtfy will reach these values in a real combat situation. They've said that themselves on several occasions, and you will also find a lot of remarks like "reliant on boon x and boon y to deal damage. If you don't have them up permanently, your DPS drops significantly" when reading the pros and cons of their guides.

Doesn't mean Benchmarks don't serve a purpose, though. They help learning the rotation and allow to compare the damage potential of different classes and builds. But do you need to actually have to deal that maximum damage? Nope. For example, Vale Guardian has 22 million HP. Three Weavers dealing 45k DPS could kill him in under 3 minutes. None of the other 7 members would need to deal damage (maybe in the split phases), just stand there, heal and keep all buffs up. Even with only 25k DPS, they could still do it in under 5 minutes. Again without anyone else dealing damage.

So my advice is: practice the rotation until you get comfortable with it and can pull it off in real combat (players and enemies moving, you dodging, ...), and you will be more than fine in raids - even when not reaching those benchmarks.

Archived