How up-to-date is the Known issue tracker really?

ori.5829

Well. I have reported tons of bugs. All regarding Revenant.Two major bugs which we got used to, are at the known issue tracker under investigation. Since when? 2 years. Yes. 2 complete years. And since 2 years there were tons of reports to the sword mistargetings. Nothing has happend. It hasnt been added to the tracker nor any solution.

I just want to know if Anet is aware of the bugs, theres zero feedback since 2 years.I chose Revenant 2 years ago right when HoT got released since I liked it in Beta. But instead of bugfixes we got nerfs. I just hope that those major bugs are going to be removed in the next 50 years.

By definition, the Known Issue Tracker is always up to date because it's misnamed. It's really a "heavily curated, list of issues highlighted by one of the public-facing members of the QA team" -- that takes too long to write, so they've stuck with "Known Issue" instead.

What goes on the list are issues that fit the following criteria:

• Someone in QA has identified the issue as important to the community
  • Someone not in QA has asked QA to track the issue, because it's become important (either to ANet generally or to us).

That's it -- these could be issues that are about to be resolved, issues for which ANet has no clue where to start looking for a cause, and anything in between. It might not include long-standing issues of relevance to you or to I; it might not even include issues that have generated a lot of threads or have received comments from ANet staff (here or on Reddit).

tl;dr it's just a list of a few interesting issues; it gets updated as often as often as there's something worth updating. Useful for that, but not for tracking anything else important.

@Aury.1367 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:but not for tracking anything else important.

So much wasted potential, I wish they would also add the small stuff. How do I know they are even aware with the sword targeting problem? People would just report the same bug every month to get it fixed? Little flaw in there ...

Sure, I also wish that they'd have a fully integrated bug tracking system, that allows us to see anything that they care to make public about issues in the live game.

However, I can tell you that's not at all trivial to ensure that bug reports (and especially bug status reports) are written usefully for folks outside the relevant teams (even for other technical people). There's all sorts of jargon and situational nuances that are hard to cover. So a collated list is probably appropriate.

And to be fair, it's much much much better than no list at all. It's unfortunate that they really only get to update it about once per major patch.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Even if there was a comprehensive list, most would not consult it before posting about their bug of choice. It would be like the Stickies; somewhere to point people, but less convenient. Plus, it would probably take forever to run down the list, so even more reason people wouldn't consult it first.

A search for bugs would be cool.Like with tags.Search for revenant bugs for example.

Archived