How to get bach old GW1 ACOUNDT When all characters are deleted?

fonss.9872

so i just startet playing GW2 A week ago, and found out i can get rewards if i connect my old gw1 acoundt to this.the problem is just i deleted all my characters on my gw1 acoundt before i quited, because i was mad that the game was dead and full of bots.a week ago i sended a ticket to support and asked for help, but they still dont think the acoundt is mine because i cant give themGuild Wars 1 Serial CodeGuild Wars 1 Creation Date (fully filled in MM/DD/YY)Address (Around date of purchase)how would i know this stuff i was 11 years old when i made the acoundt.

but i gave them my password and email, and they still dont belive me.so what do i do now? am i fucked?if i cant get my gw1 acoundt back then im just gonna quit gw2.

no i dont got anything then the stuff i said, man that is sad.cant they see the logic in what im telling them, the acoundt has been inactive since 2013, why would a hacker want a acoundt with no characters, i dont get it.this "support" leaves a bad taste in my mouth.do they really think normal pepole keep screenshots, cd key codes, and creation date for 10 years, because they know a random guy ask for that shit someday?man this shit is worse then steam support lamo

I played GW1 up until GW2 launched, and played it for a little while after, and I didn't see many bots, as Anet where swift to take action on them in GW1,

However, some of your titles/achievements in GW1 where account bound so even if you deleted all characters they will still be on the account, however other titles are character bound so you may need to do some work if you can get the account back,

If you remember any of the character names try go here

https://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=welcome

And see if you have titles/achievements still unlocked, you stated you still have the account login details, have you tried to download GW1 and login with the details, there is an option to reset password on the login screen to the game.

Anet support is actually very good, and help rather fast when they have all the info they ask for, you are mad at them for not giving you access to an account that they asked for details on, yet if some random person had asked for your account given no details, you would be complaining there security was sub par, at the end of the day, there is a reason they ask for the info they do, and its to protect your account.

PS: I still have all the game boxes and CD keys for my GW1 account after 12 years so yea, many people do keep them.

@"Ok I Did It.2854" said:I played GW1 up until GW2 launched, and played it for a little while after, and I didn't see many bots, as Anet where swift to take action on them in GW1,

i startet playing agian 1 year after release of gw2, the game was full of bots, and dead.sometimes i waited 1 hour to get into a match in jade quarry (which was full of bots)

However, some of your titles/achievements in GW1 where account bound so even if you deleted all characters they will still be on the account, however other titles are character bound so you may need to do some work if you can get the account back,If you remember any of the character names try go here

https://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=welcome

i know the password and login name, the only problem is i just dont know a character name because they are all deleted.if i knew then i would have no problems logging in.

And see if you have titles/achievements still unlocked, you stated you still have the account login details, have you tried to download GW1 and login with the details, there is an option to reset password on the login screen to the game.

Anet support is actually very good, and help rather fast when they have all the info they ask for, you are mad at them for not giving you access to an account that they asked for details on, yet if some random person had asked for your account given no details, you would be complaining there security was sub par, at the end of the day, there is a reason they ask for the info they do, and its to protect your account.

i mean is a good thing they are secure and want to stop hackers, but the fact a guy cant get his OWN acoundt back just tells something is wrong.

PS: I still have all the game boxes and CD keys for my GW1 account after 12 years so yea, many people do keep them.

i was 11 years old when i made the acoundt, do you really think a kid whould keep stuff like that?i did not even know "online support" existed back then.

Gather whatever it is you can find, contact support now, and they will give you a long list of things that they can use to verify. If you have the game boxes, take a photo of them with your phone and reply to the email. If you bought with a credit card, see if you bank still has records that they can send. If you deleted all your characters, perhaps you can remember the names of some, the day you deleted them, the last time you logged on, etc.

I can't promise you that ANet can validate your account with these "proxies" for providing the account credentials. But I can guarantee that you won't gain access without going out of your way to find as much as you can.

@fonss.9872 said:i mean is a good thing they are secure and want to stop hackers, but the fact a guy cant get his OWN acoundt back just tells something is wrong.You realize that those two things work against each other, right? The most secure option would mean never letting anyone logon without credentials; allowing a guy to get his OWN account back without proof would be the least secure. ANet tries its best to balance between the two extremes, but they do have to draw the line somewhere.

By the way: it doesn't matter that you don't know why a hacker would want the account; that doesn't mean they don't want it. (Hackers use stolen accounts to launder gold, spam adverts, gain access to guilds, etc.)

Did you remember to give them your birth date? A long time ago I contacted customer support for something and they asked for info to prove I owned the account. Their response was asking for the same info again. I realized I forgot to give them my date of birth. They helped me after I replied with the info.

For GW1, a character name on the account can help, but isn't actually required. If you can give them enough info like serial keys, name, address, date of birth, etc., they should be able to help you.

• ArenaNet Staff

If you deleted your characters, there is nothing that Customer Support can do to assist you if you are hoping to have them restored. However, it seems you're trying to retrieve the account and do not expect a roll-back for the characters. If that's the case, the advice given is accurate: Provide all the details you can and work with CS to try to re-acquire the account.

Archived