Why can my Warrior dodge more than my Ranger?

Khenzy.9348

Yes, I'm talking about the Might Makes Right trait. Just equip that thing and start generating might with your Greatsword, might sigils and whatnot. My Sword/dagger + Shortbow Ranger with skirmishing line (just an example of an evasive build) has LESS evasion uptime than such a warrior. It's ridiculous. Said Warrior has more sustain, more condi cleansing, and way, way more damage than my 'evasive' version of my ranger WHILE having MORE dodges. Warriors are supposed to have more upfront tankyness, not being this evasive mess, with damage AND tankyness on top.

I've just found this particular design decision highly questionable.Also, why do Rangers need two trait lines (NM and WS) to achieve similar survivability as a Warrior that only needs Defense?

PS. Not related. WTF is up with core guardian damage? Either burning or burst. It's fucking absurd.

Warriors shine in a pure 1v1 scenario and they offer very little outside of it. They can't be compared to the old shoutbow Warrior with Banner or be compared to todays version, the Scrapper.While I do think that nerfing Endure Pain was the right thing to do, aswell as indirectly nerfing Adrenal Health. I do think the nerf hit them just a tad to hard.That being said, Warrior and Engineer are still the biggest offenders when it comes to passive safety-nets. Passive is not a good word when it comes to a competetive-aspect of a game. Everything from Defy Pain to Balanced Stance on CC to Elixir S + heal recharge on 25%.

Trying not to be biased I truly believe a Guardians way of defensives are the most fun one. We have to activly press our skills in order to do something.Want blocks? Press F3. Need to gapclose / heal / condi clear? Press F2.

This way you not only have to manage visible cooldowns but also have to activly make a choice if it's worth gapclosing to finish a necro and risk being condi bombed or play it safe and risk having the necro being +1'd.

That being said, they can't possibly nerf Warriors more than they already have or the class will be completly unplayable. I have no idea what they can do to "fix" warriors, they have been pidgeonholed into running double stance + healing signet for the past 5 years. With the exception of Shoutbow.

@Lighter.5631 said:yet, warrior still currently the worst class in pvp...

@Vagrant.7206 said:

I have yet to see that that is the case. They're only a bad class if their build and/or skill is bad.

Nah, warrior is really bad right now.

I mean, hold on, I'm not complaining about Warrior being too strong, I didn't want to give that impression at all. It's just the fact that Warriors that are supposed to be really tanky, like upfront tankyness, soaking up all that damage with their sturdy body... yet they can have significantly more dodge uptime than my unoptimal fully specialized evasive ranger... with a single trait (well ,two, to be fair: Might Makes Right+Forceful Greatsword) in the strength line, the line that's supposed to increase your damage, not provide you with Daredevil-like dodge uptime.It doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Who is behind these design decisions? Can't they just see how messed up some profession trait lines really are?

@Khenzy.9348 said:I mean, hold on, I'm not complaining about Warrior being too strong, I didn't want to give that impression at all. It's just the fact that Warriors that are supposed to be really tanky, like upfront tankyness, soaking up all that damage with their sturdy body... yet they can have significantly more dodge uptime than my unoptimal fully specialized evasive ranger... with a single trait (well ,two, to be fair: Might Makes Right+Forceful Greatsword) in the strength line, the line that's supposed to increase your damage, not provide you with Daredevil-like dodge uptime.It doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Who is behind these design decisions? Can't they just see how messed up some profession trait lines really are?

? Warrior's strength line used to give that much dodges on launch(well, maybe not as much, but still a lot), it was nerfed and buffed passive sustain..and what happened? "upfront, taking up damage directly" would only bring more QQ for nerfs, like it happened for the pass 4 years..it was their design philosophy for warrior or something, it was only passive sustain for the pass 4 yearsit's good to see finally something else other then passive sustain is put on the table..

@Vagrant.7206 said:

I have yet to see that that is the case. They're only a bad class if their build and/or skill is bad.

Obviously a really good warrior is going to wreck bad players...

And war's still great at dueling.But, like, in an actual game, the current bunkerwarz meta has kinda killed their "Go home/far and force a 1v1" play style...Either a bunker will meet them there and hold them off until they get +1'ed, or a thief/mes will just concede the point to them, then out rotate/cap them.

Archived