Portal Exeunt Range Indicator

ReaverKane.7598

@OriOri.8724 said:While I do support this entirely, last we were told (though granted this was a long time ago now) was that this was beyond the engine's capabilities. Hopefully that has changed at this point though

And yet we have all these little tool tips on the map related to how far (above and below) PoIs and other map markers are from us, the player. Just utilize that. Plop down a portal entre and have a running "map marker" distance ticker appear centered over top of portal exeunt using portal entre as the map marker focus with relation to the player.

@Swagg.9236 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:While I do support this entirely, last we were told (though granted this was a long time ago now) was that this was beyond the engine's capabilities. Hopefully that has changed at this point though

And yet we have all these little tool tips on the map related to how far (above and below) PoIs and other map markers are from us, the player. Just utilize that. Plop down a portal entre and have a running "map marker" distance ticker appear centered over top of portal exeunt using portal entre as the map marker focus with relation to the player.

They specifically said that they did not have the ability to add the exit portal to the minimap. They did not say why, but this would not be possible for some reason

• 3 weeks later...

@Justine.6351 said:The one thing I find curious about them not being able to add a range finder is the fact that the engine can apparently decide if the range is too far or not. So maybe just an indicator showing if your portal is good for range or it is bad for range before placement. Idk.

Portal Exeunt: This skill now performs a range check before activating to prevent unusable portals from being created.

Too easy.

@Justine.6351 said:

@Justine.6351 said:The one thing I find curious about them not being able to add a range finder is the fact that the engine can apparently decide if the range is too far or not. So maybe just an indicator showing if your portal is good for range or it is bad for range before placement. Idk.

Portal Exeunt: This skill now performs a range check before activating to prevent unusable portals from being created.

Too easy.

This new range check is nice. I think the real problem to having it show if you’re in range by a red bar under the skill is that it would have to do a range check every X time interval to update the red bar, can you imagine how much more work this would add to servers? Ah well I’m at least happy with the update, it’s not perfect but it’s good enough.

Archived